2k16: Shelby Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k16: Shelby Miller

Park factors for Turner Field in 2015: multi-year: Batting - 95, Pitching - 96 · one-year: Batting - 94, Pitching - 96
    Park factors for Chase Field in 2015: multi-year: Batting - 103, Pitching - 104 · one-year: Batting - 103, Pitching - 103

Miller overall: 205.1ip, 6-17, 3,02era, 1.25whip, 171 Ks, 7.5 k9, 3.2 bb9

Miller home: 107ip, 2.43era, 1.22whip
    Miller road: 98ip, 3.67era, 1.28whip

So he won't have the friendly confines of Turner Field and he won't have the joy of sharing the division with the Phillies (27.1 innings, 1.98 era) or Marlins (36.1 innings, 2.23 era).

But if he stays healthy, he's got to win more than 6 games, right?

Advanced stats: 3.45 FIP, 4.07 xFIP, 47.7% GB rate, .285 BABIP, 6.4% HR/FB.

His HR/FB was right around 10% the 2 years before, so that may not be sustainable.

He changed his pitch mix, going from 6% cutter and 19% curve in 2014 to 22% cutter and 10% curve in 2015 (also decreased from 72 to 67 percent in regular fastballs).

Steamer has him at 187 innings, 10 wins, 4.09 ERA. I think he'll be a little better than that. But I don't see another 3.02 ERA. Maybe 3.75 ERA and 1.30 WHIP?

3.75 and 1.30 seems reasonable to me, and if I had to guess, I'd guess he'd overperform that to start the year, and fade a bit to end it. I'm still floored by the deal. While he will be good for Zona, I don't see him being much, if any, better than Corbin. More of another #3 than a real #2 on a contender.

Comment

I've got him for $13 in a 12-team NL league with pretty high inflation. I'll probably keep him. Despite the uptick in wins, I am not sure the trade is an improvement for Miller. Then again, the Braves lost Simmons.

Ironically I also have a $10 Inciarte on the same team.

Comment

Wow, another puke of a start for Miller with 5 BBs through 2 IP, this after he hit his knuckles on the mound again. His value is draining away by the pitch, it seems....

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Wow, another puke of a start for Miller with 5 BBs through 2 IP, this after he hit his knuckles on the mound again. His value is draining away by the pitch, it seems....
          I got offered Dansby Swanson, Aaron Blair and Ender Inciarte for him. Anyone think I should take it?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
            I got offered Dansby Swanson, Aaron Blair and Ender Inciarte for him. Anyone think I should take it?
            LOL. The deal was so horrid, even if Shelby pitched well. Even the win-now casual fan base is going to turn on management soon with performances like this.

Comment

Has there been a mechanical change or something that has caused him to drill his knuckles off the mound every start this year or is this out of no where?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                Perhaps Dave Stewart -

Comment

This is becoming disastrous. 19 BBs in 23 IP!!!! How long until the inevitable DL stint for suckitude?

Comment

I dropped him for Porcello in my 14-team H2H. I gave Griffin and de la Rosa hard looks as well.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Please free me from Shelby Miller hell!!

Comment

Are you in a no-bench, no-cut league? I can't think of any other reason to subject yourself to his stats.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Sell Mortimer, sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                            Are you in a no-bench, no-cut league? I can't think of any other reason to subject yourself to his stats.
                            No, just holding onto yesteryear.....

Comment

I know everyone with more than two brain cells thought the Miller deal was horrifically bad before, but Zona could have at least saved some face if Miller was lights out this year. Given how horrible he has been, I imagine someone, at some level of the organization, should get canned over this dumpster fire of a deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X