Reds, Dodgers, White Sox complete trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reds, Dodgers, White Sox complete trade

Todd Frazier ends up with the White Sox. Looks like the rest are prospects.

Peraza, Dixon, Schebler to Reds.

Montas to Dodgers.

Comment

Make that montas micah johnson and trayce thompson go to dodgers

Comment

"Yay" says this Peraza NL-only owner (in two leagues now!) who has been worried for months.

Comment

How did the Dodgers end up with a much better return than the Reds?

Comment

It seems like Friedman forgot that he left Tampa, and has a huge checkbook at his disposal. Are they trying to shed all of the bad contracts before they start to spend again? Because if that's the case, it'll suck to be a Dodger fan in the West with the new aggressiveness of Arizona. Johnson and Thompson are role players, Montas could be something, but we all know TINSTAAPP.

Slide Turner over to 2nd, Frazier at 3rd and that's a nice infield...I don't get it at all.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505

Crossing fingers that this foreshadows a trade for Carrasco or Fernandez or someone equally epic.
              Which would suck if I traded my $5 Rosario for Carrasco!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Which would suck if I traded my $5 Rosario for Carrasco!
                The downside of that unlikely outcome is you don't get to keep a marginally-keepable $5 Rosario. The upside if it doesn't happen is you get a $15 Carrasco. It's easily worth the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Shed bad contracts? You mean the team that took on Mike Morse and Bronson Arroyo and their bloated salaries just so that they could get more in trades is actually "trying to shed all of the bad contracts before they start to spend again"? They traded Matt Kemp, mostly because he kinda sucks and has a terrible contract (he was worth 0.4 WAR last year --- woof), but that's about it. They'd surely love to ditch Ethier or Crawford since they are also terribly overpaid and only nominally useful as platoon players but I doubt they can move those contracts.

I like this trade a lot for the Dodgers regardless of whether they flip Montas or not. Not a big Peraza fan, myself, and Montas really has electric stuff. Hell, Micah Johnson profiles extremely similarly to Peraza but with a little less glove and probably a little more bat. Neither figure(d) to feature prominently in Dodgers' future plans.

Crossing fingers that this foreshadows a trade for Carrasco or Fernandez or someone equally epic.
                  I'm blanking on the Arroyo deal, probably because he hasn't pitched in 2 years. But yes, I was talking about Crawford and Ethier mainly. You know better than anyone else just how good Greinke is, and what he meant to the rotation. They should have gone the extra year if that's what it took. Iwakuma is nice, but he's also 35 and somewhat fragile. Add that in with McCarthy, Ryu, Anderson, and Wood. All who have significant question marks going into the year. They still have a hole at 2nd, and maybe in the OF if Joc continues his funk, or Puig does what he did last year. Bottom line is that they've either stayed the same, or gone backwards, while the rest of the division has gotten better.

Now, if they're hoarding their cash for the 2018 class of FA, then it's a long range plan I could live with. Bryce Harper, Josh Donaldson, Andrew McCutchen, Jose Fernandez, Manny Machado, Jason Heyward (Potential opt out), Dallas Keuchel, Clayton Kershaw and Matt Harvey. Now that's a class worth saving for...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                  X