Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Nationals' 3rd baseman for 2016?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the Nationals' 3rd baseman for 2016?

Looking over the roster, with an eye on my player, Rendon, he is listed as definitely being shifted back to 2B for 2016. There is no player listed as playing 3B. Odd.
    Bearin' up!

"The Nationals are committed to moving Anthony Rendon back to his natural position of third base entering 2016, a reality that made Escobar’s position something of a dilemma — shortstop or second base? The problem is that Danny Espinosa is a superior defender at both positions and hits for more power, to boot. Rookie Trea Turner may need more minor league seasoning but is viewed as a potential future shortstop."

They just traded away Escobar and could pick up a FA second baseman or just go with Espinosa.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Yeah, I have to assume they traded Escobar to move Rendon to 3B and give Espinosa the 2B job.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Yeah, I have to assume they traded Escobar to move Rendon to 3B and give Espinosa the 2B job.
        I wouldn't be surprised if the 2016 second baseman is not yet on their roster.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if the 2016 second baseman is not yet on their roster.
          I also wouldn't be surprised if Wilmer Difo is their starting 2B-man on opening day 2017. I could see them living with Espinosa for most or all of 2016 until Difo is ready or signing someone else to be a stop-gap for 2016.

Comment

Working...
          X