No announcement yet.

Chapman to the Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard Peraza might be one of the guys...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

MLB.com's Mark Sheldon says the trade sending Aroldis Chapman to the Dodgers has not been completed and other teams could still be in the mix for the star closer.
      OK then. FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reported Monday morning that Chapman had been dealt to Los Angeles, but there's been no word on the return package in the hours since and the Reds are apparently still accepting offers from clubs. Stay tuned.

Comment

Were the Dodgers in on O'Day? He's no Chapman but he's damn good and underrated and that wouldn't have rocked the boat at all, whereas who knows how Jansen will react to Chapman and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
          Were the Dodgers in on O'Day? He's no Chapman but he's damn good and underrated and that wouldn't have rocked the boat at all, whereas who knows how Jansen will react to Chapman and vice versa.
          O'day said he wanted to stay in the DC area where his wife works.

Comment

Not so fast -- deal being held up by domestic violence charges against Chapman

Comment

Cheery. And he may have injured his hand punching a car window.

A proposed deal between the Reds and Dodgers for closer Aroldis Chapman is in limbo amid an investigation by MLB into an Oct. 30 incident between Chapman and his girlfriend.

Manfred is going to need to actually make a decision about these domestic violence charges that are piling up with no MLB action.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Cheery. And he may have injured his hand punching a car window.

A proposed deal between the Reds and Dodgers for closer Aroldis Chapman is in limbo amid an investigation by MLB into an Oct. 30 incident between Chapman and his girlfriend.

Manfred is going to need to actually make a decision about these domestic violence charges that are piling up with no MLB action.
                The problem is that there are no charges against Chapman, so the worst that could happen is that the Reds can't deal him. Which would suck for the Reds, but probably wouldn't impact Chapman at all.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  The problem is that there are no charges against Chapman, so the worst that could happen is that the Reds can't deal him. Which would suck for the Reds, but probably wouldn't impact Chapman at all.
                  Manfred has been pretty clear that he intends to take action in cases like this one... whether he actually can, or will, is yet to be determined.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    Manfred has been pretty clear that he intends to take action in cases like this one... whether he actually can, or will, is yet to be determined.
                    I think that the players union will have a lot to say about that...it's not what it once was in the days of Fehr and Marvin Miller, but I think that Tony Clark is going to be a pretty formidable presence.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Tony Clark was the one who signed off on the current domestic violence policy that gives Manfred the powers he has.
                      The issue isn't if Manfred has powers or not, it's if there's any evidence to use them. And at this point it's a 4 way he said/she said, with NO apparent evidence of any injury to anyone. And I doubt very much if Clark would just go along with any discipline for an incident that happened over a month ago, had no charges, and had no real victim if the report is to be believed. This isn't a Ray Rice/Greg Hardy story...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

according to Heyman, the trade is dead.

Comment

So I assume the Reds knew about this beforehand, right? So were they trying to trade him before the news broke? Did they disclose this info to their potential trade partners? Assume their trade partners would find out about it when they did their due diligence?

Comment

Makes one wonder how much the Dodgers would be willign to send to NY for Miller or Betances...
                            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Rumors flying heavy that the Dodgers are making a push for Miller. Not sure what 3 years of Miller would cost in terms of prospects, though. His contract sure seems like a bargain right now, that's for sure.
                              Would Miller become the closer, or the set up man? I have Jansen on a guaranteed deal this year, and after losing Holland, I cringe to think Jansen is going to get pushed to the 8th.

Comment

Rumors flying heavy that the Dodgers are making a push for Miller. Not sure what 3 years of Miller would cost in terms of prospects, though. His contract sure seems like a bargain right now, that's for sure.
                                I'd think the Yanks could get more of a return than what Chapman cost cause he's under control for three years, right? Did we ever learn what two prospects where going in that deal?
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X