Trade help Felix vs Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade help Felix vs Sale

For this year only. AL only 6x6 keeper (Wins, W-L, ERA, WHIP, K's, Saves)
    Sale is $3 more ($260 budget). Caveat: If a player gets traded to the NL, all you get is his salary added to your FAAB.
    I am about to make a trade and need to decide which pitcher I want back.
    My take: Sale--Pros: younger, less wear and tear for his career. Cons: Not the cleanest delivery, hitters park, bad team (Win differential concern), could be trade bait mid-season.
    Felix--Pros--quite the track record, pitchers park, won't get traded. Cons: Too much mileage on the arm, elbow 'red flags' end of last year, ERA spike
    Who do you prefer and why?
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

I'd take Sale in a heartbeat...I Love the King, but he's always made me nervous with the elbow issue that he has. Yes, Sale has a funky delivery, but it's consistent and doesn't seem to bother him at all. He'll need an extra day off here and there, giving you probably 30+ starts instead of 35, but he's a rock. All he needs is a little more support from his hitters, IMO.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'd want Sale.

Comment

Sale. More upside. Worth the small difference in price.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'd take Sale. Greater chance of a lower WHIP and more Ks.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            In fact, despite supposed better upside, Sale has only outearned Hernandez once (2013 and barely) from what I can tell. Better team, better park, better support, and a cheaper price --- the two are pretty close but I think the elbow is the only reason you'd pick Sale over Hernandez.

To be honest, though, I don't know very much about Felix's elbow troubles.
            Sale should have outearned Felix this season. And Sale has only been a SP for 4 full seasons. So that means Sale has outearned Felix in 2 of 4 years. So not sure what you are getting at.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Sale and the extra k's for me.

Comment

Still, there are some things that warrant consideration here. If you feel Felix is in decline, perhaps due to the mileage on his arm, then Sale is the easy choice. Sale's peripherals were also way, way better in 2015 than Felix's.
                This.

Both Felix and Sale will be in our auction this year. I would rather spend the money on Sale as I think Felix is in decline.

Comment

"Should have"? As if there's not a site that would quickly and easily give you the answer to this. Are you really that lazy?

What I am getting at is exactly what I said, since I bothered to take the five seconds to look it up (using this site and Grinch's league parameters: http://socalledfantasyexperts.com/cu...dollar-values/) before presenting my opinion. Chris Sale has outearned Felix once. Not twice. Once.

Still, there are some things that warrant consideration here. If you feel Felix is in decline, perhaps due to the mileage on his arm, then Sale is the easy choice. Sale's peripherals were also way, way better in 2015 than Felix's.
                  Just took a quick look at the 2015 numbers and for 5x5 cats Sale was better in whip, ERA and k's. Felix had 5 more wins.

So you can stuff your values, Sale outperformed Felix in 2015.

Comment

Working...
                  X