Greinke to DBacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greinke to DBacks

WOW! Terrific move imo, Arizona looking to take advantage of a roster with a lot of talent and no bad contracts.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Looks like 195 million for 6 years...a hell of a good signing for Arizona. Lots of money, but MLB clubs have lots of money to spend. I have no idea why the Dodgers are pinching pennies (relatively speaking), but it's really going to come back to bite them in the ass. Someone needs to tell Freidman that he's not in Tampa any longer...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

have Greinke for a mere 25 in 2016, or 30 in 2016 with a penalty-free option to keep at 35 in 2017 as well. looking forward to analysis on the impact move to AZ has. obviously I'll keep him, not sure of LT (plus will mull Kershaw at 44, which could be a factor).
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Dayyum!

Comment

Wow! Arizona now has two of the best players in the game to build a ball club around with Goldschmidt and Greinke. The future is looking a lot brighter in Phoenix.

Just out of curiosity i checked Goldschmidt's numbers vs. Greinke. Turns out he was a .174 hitter (4-23) against him with 12 k's, 0 hr, & 0 rbi. So, it looks like a win/win for Goldy and the Diamondbacks.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Wow! Arizona now has two of the best players in the game to build a ball club around with Goldschmidt and Greinke. The future is looking a lot brighter in Phoenix.

Just out of curiosity i checked Goldschmidt's numbers vs. Greinke. Turns out he was a .174 hitter (4-23) against him with 12 k's, 0 hr, & 0 rbi. So, it looks like a win/win for Goldy and the Diamondbacks.
              Actually, I think that you can put Pollock in that group as well. The D'Backs turned down offers all winter so far, including Shelby Miller and ??? for Pollock. he's a .315/20/39 guy who's just in the sweet spot of his career and still controllable. And it looks like thy're also in the running for Mike Leake...not bad for an organization that people openly mocked just a few years ago when they hired LaRussa.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
              X