Need to clear 2 bench spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to clear 2 bench spots

Weekly line up mixed points keeper league with deep benches. I feel like none of these guys are even trust worthy to spot start and I need to clear room for Homer Bailey and Kendrys Morales when they come off the IR. It's a pitching league and pitchers can really hurt you week to week. Pitching your studs and then picking the rest of your SPs with the best matchup/2 starts seems to be a decent strategy. So a deep bench of SPs is useful.

Esmil Rogers
    Javier Vazquez
    James Mcdonald

I don't think any of these guys are going to help me at any point this year and would not be in my keeper plans even if they did turn it around. What two would you drop? I know folks are high on Mcdonald here but it really doesn't seem like this is his year. He still has less than 200 major league inning logged in his career and needs a little more time to figure it out. Any chance Vazquez become serviceable? I assume that first start by Esmil was an aberration to what the rest of his year will look like. Does anyone see any chance these guys will be usable this year?

Would you drop all 3 to pick up Edwin Encarnacion to help me at 3B where P. Alvarez is killing me?

Thanks in advance for the feed back. We only have 18 moves a year so dropping guys I spent moves on is weighing heavy on my mind.

Rogers and McDonald have similar skill sets. Good GB% and the potential for a good K rate. McDonald has more experience but also a longer track record of being bad. I like both of them better than Vazquez. Rogers should have the best matchups (@SD, vs SD, @LAD, even @SF isn't bad in theory, whereas McDonald only has @ and vs HOU)

If you pick up EE, can you trade him or play him at another position? I like him a lot, but with pickups being scarce I am not sure I'd pick him up for 2 weeks and then sit him all year when Alvarez remembers how to hit.

McDonald has been bad this year. I know it's a small sample but 5 K/9 and 5 BB/9 isn't doing it. So I'd cut him and Javy for sure. And I'd consider cutting Rogers for EE depending on how useful he is.

Comment

Thanks JC. Trades are hard to do in this league so a pickup of EE very well may be a 2 week rental and then he'll sit on the bench. If he starts hitting better then I can possibly trade him as there are teams in the market for a 3B upgrade. I was considering dropping Rogers first of the three - having my thoughts skewed by the fact I spent flier draft picks on Vazquez and McDonald where Rogers was a FA addition. I'm glad you set me straight.

Comment

Working...
      X