Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins made winning bid on 1B Byung-ho Park

Twins made winning bid on 1B Byung-ho Park
    According to Daniel Kim of Daum, the Twins placed the winning $12.85 million bid for Byung-ho Park.
    Kim is a former major league scout and interpreter with connections across the KBO and MLB. And now Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports has confirmed his report. The Twins will immediately begin a 30-day negotiating period to try to work out a contract with Park, a 29-year-old first baseman with a big-time bat. Park hit .343/.436/.714 with 53 home runs and 146 RBI over 140 games this past season for the Nexen Heroes in South Korea and he had 52 home runs in the KBO in 2014. He could be a very nice boost for a Minnesota offense that welcomed top prospects Miguel Sano and Byron Buxton into the fold in 2015.-RotoWorld

Whoa. Kang turned out to be a really good investment. Maybe Park will be too.

This might explain Sano playing 3B in the Dominican Winter League (or was it Venezuelan? I can't remember)

Comment

Bastards!

What happens to Joe Mauer now?
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Bastards!

What happens to Joe Mauer now?
        I read a blurb that Sano will be playing some OF this winter. Maybe Sano full-time OF Mauer full time DH?
        Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
        Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

And what to do with Trevor Plouffe?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            And what to do with Trevor Plouffe?
            Trade Plouffe and let Park/Mauer share 1B/DH. Maybe to Atlanta or Milwaukee.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
              Trade Plouffe and let Park/Mauer share 1B/DH. Maybe to Atlanta or Milwaukee.
              $69M for a part-time DH.

Comment

and part time 1B. Not my fault they gave him that silly contract

Comment

Typical fucking Twins...sign a guy where you already have a glut of players. Sano has always played 3rd, so there's nothing new to see there, and they're stuck with Mauer no matter what. So it's either put a square peg in a round hole (Sano to the OF), or deal a viable player off in Plouffe to make room for time share at 1st and DH, and have a sub-standard defender at 3rd.

They do need a catcher badly, so maybe they can get one for Plouffe in a deal.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
                    I read a blurb that Sano will be playing some OF this winter. Maybe Sano full-time OF Mauer full time DH?
                    Right field just opened up with Hicks being dealt to the Yankees.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

One thing that has changed between last year and this year is that (virtually) every team has TrackMan data from KBO now, whereas that didn't exist a year ago when Kang was posted.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        One thing that has changed between last year and this year is that (virtually) every team has TrackMan data from KBO now, whereas that didn't exist a year ago when Kang was posted.
                        What exactly is that Mike?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          What exactly is that Mike?
                          TrackMan data tracks pitch speed, pitch movement, pitch location, batted ball exit speed, batted ball distance, etc. Nexen had a TrackMan system installed in its stadium for the 2015 season, and that data was shared with most of the MLB clubs.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            TrackMan data tracks pitch speed, pitch movement, pitch location, batted ball exit speed, batted ball distance, etc. Nexen had a TrackMan system installed in its stadium for the 2015 season, and that data was shared with most of the MLB clubs.
                            Thanks sir, info much appreciated.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Does any of this have any effect on Rosario?

What do you guys think of Rosario for 2016 and beyond.

Comment

Working...
                              X