The Ian Kennedy $8 Experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ian Kennedy $8 Experiment

The bad: 31 HR in 168 IP for Kennedy last year, including 19 HR in Petco! I wonder if (a) that's a record for a Padre pitcher since Petco and (b) whether he singlehandedly decreased Petco's park factor for 2015.

The good: 174 K and 52 BB.

The ugly: He's a free agent, so might end up somewhere other than Petco. But he might return to the Padres. http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/...more-mlb-notes

The decision: Keep or toss back, NL-only 12 team 5x5 at $8?

In a 12-team NL, Kennedy is well-priced at $8 in just about any park.

Comment

Thanks, yeah, I was thinking that too, but those HR! And ERA higher than the last place Roto team's ERA.

Comment

Kennedy pulled a hammy in his 1st start and never really recovered until late in the season.

His HR/9 was more than double 2014 and more than double (22) in the 1st half than it was in the 2nd (10) of 2015.

Should he resign with the Padres (very likely) He'll be a great value at $8 as his countable stats should return closer to 2014 and remember his k/9 is still 9+

Hope that helps.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

He's great at $8. His last 10 starts were all good or great and all the base skills are there despite the high HR/9.
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Working...
          X