Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs lost!! Yeah!!!

Fuck that City.

I hope they never win another World Series for what they did to Steve Bartman.
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 10-22-2015, 09:26 AM.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Fuck that organization and that City.

What did the organization do to Steve Bartman? The city yes that was wrong.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
      What did the organization do to Steve Bartman? The city yes that was wrong.
      I edited out the organization.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Come on, Mith. I'm a Mets fan in Chicago. It's a great city on so many dimensions. Don't tar the whole city with a broad brush because of Bartman. What about Houston and Bill Buckner? Not the city's fault nor its populace.

Let's go Mets!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          Come on, Mith. I'm a Mets fan in Chicago. It's a great city on so many dimensions. Don't tar the whole city with a broad brush because of Bartman. What about Houston and Bill Buckner? Not the city's fault nor its populace.

Let's go Mets!!

Ok Fuck the Cubs fans...

Comment

Ok Fuck the Cubs fans...
            Yea, Steelers' fan championing a rapist is so much better. I could care less if you root against the Cubs but making such an ignorant statement condemning all their fans for the actions of a very small minority is pathetic.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Yea, Steelers' fan championing a rapist is so much better. I could care less if you root against the Cubs but making such an ignorant statement condemning all their fans for the actions of a very small minority is pathetic.
              I'm not a Steeler fan. Sports just tend to bring out the worst in too many people. Just my pathetic and ignorant rant for the day.

And I guess every sports team has it's minority share of idiot fans..that beg to be called out.

I don't root for any sports teams anymore. Haven't for quite awhile now for any number of reasons.
              Last edited by Mithrandir; 10-22-2015, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I'm not a Steeler fan. Sports just tend to bring out the worst in too many people. Just my pathetic and ignorant rant for the day.

And I guess every sports team has it's minority share of idiot fans..that beg to be called out.
                No question...for many sports is just an excuse to get drunk and act like an idiot.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Dodger fans are animals because of Bryan Stow...
                  St. Louis fans are racist pigs because of all that ugliness last year...
                  Cubs fans are... Yankees fans are...

You could go on and on like this forever.

Teams change. Fanbases change. Times change. You can't hold any team responsible for its dark moments once they fall too far into the past. 49 fans used to be considered "classy" and the Raider fans were "animals" and now they've pretty much switched as Oakland is gentrifying and apathetic and SF moved to Santa Clara and away from its older, quieter fanbase.

These days you really can't hold a grudge against any team's fans for more than a few years, too much is different after that.

That said, I really like a lot of the teams that made the post-season. The Cubs, Mets, KC, and especially Houston are building teams the "right" way, in my opinion. Of course, I'd rather see the Giants in there, but I can honestly say that I liked all four teams in the championship games. Hard to hold anything against these fanbases for these teams who have taken the long road and are seeing it pay off.

Comment

Fuck that City.

Too late.

They are never going to win another World Series for what they did to the goat.

Comment

Ok Fuck the Cubs fans...
                      Hmm...I am a Cubs fan and I didn't and don't blame Bartman. Should I be offended by this post?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Hmm...I am a Cubs fan and I didn't and don't blame Bartman. Should I be offended by this post?
                        You should be uplifted by Mith hate. It has been scientifically proven to lead to the opposite outcome, so the Cubs are pretty much guaranteed to win the WS next year.

Comment

Fuck that City.
                          Hodor?
                          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Your choice Only you can decide if you are offended by the pathetic and ignorant ramblings of a madman!

Comment

Your choice Only you can decide if you are offended by the pathetic and ignorant ramblings of a madman!
                              Nicely played.

I choose not.

Comment

Working...
                              X