Post-Season Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Once upon a time, folks didn't get so mega butthurt about bat flips.

Probably because every living soul was stunned that Tom "2 Career HRs" Lawless (only 1 by that point) just hit a HR! Or that Lawless had no idea what to do with the bat after hitting a HR.

Comment

Dodgers are just donating this game to the Mets.
      Sorry for your loss, elD. Crazy game and excellent series. My Mets will have their hands full with the young Cubbies. Hopefully they can get some advantage when it's not Arrieta and Lester -- unlike the Kershaw and Greinke duo in a best of five.

Can't believe how good Justin Turner was this series. I just sat there cursing at the tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        Sorry for your loss, elD. Crazy game and excellent series. My Mets will have their hands full with the young Cubbies. Hopefully they can get some advantage when it's not Arrieta and Lester -- unlike the Kershaw and Greinke duo in a best of five.

Can't believe how good Justin Turner was this series. I just sat there cursing at the tv.
        yeah, that's tough. Greinke & Kershaw start 4 of the 5 games ... wow.

Mets-Cubs should be a classic series.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Glad to see the free spending Dodgers lose.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post

Seriously, that damn bearded monster. I was at the point where I wanted him to get the Bonds treatment and just walk him every time up. He had 8 homers and batted about .270 with the Mets over three seasons and has been fantastic for LA both seasons. I read somewhere that he credited sitting on the bench with Marlon Byrd with this improvement. Maybe Byrd has a future as a hitting coach based on Turner alone.

Comment

Dodgers are just donating this game to the Mets.
              According to Daniel Murphy, that was the doing of none other than Jesus. So, you were pretty much screwed from the outset. Sorry dude.

Comment

I saw a story on yahoo about how the Mets and Cubs are the most expensive LCS ticket in history on the resale market. Then I looked on the Royals website and I see that there a huge amounts of tickets available for both games 1 and 2 for ALCS. These games are not even sold out??? I found my answer when I looked at Stubhub and people are selling tickets for game 1 for about 2/3 to half of the cost of the face value. LOL!!!

Any KC fans out there that can explain how you can not sell out a playoff game?

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                  I saw a story on yahoo about how the Mets and Cubs are the most expensive LCS ticket in history on the resale market. Then I looked on the Royals website and I see that there a huge amounts of tickets available for both games 1 and 2 for ALCS. These games are not even sold out??? I found my answer when I looked at Stubhub and people are selling tickets for game 1 for about 2/3 to half of the cost of the face value. LOL!!!

hmmm ... obviously not for tonite but if there's a game 6 & 7, it's a 15 hour drive from here ...
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post

Forbes is reporting that Royals ALCS tix are averaging $493, up 21% from last year.

Fox KC does say that Royals.com is still selling tickets, so apparently it's not sold out yet.

Comment

plenty of tickets are left for game 1 and they are very good seats. this is the link that going to the Royals offical website will take you to.

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/MLBE..._Tickets-na-x0

Comment

about $450 to $600 to "get in the door" Uecker-quality seats at Wrigley next week for Games 3, 4, 5
                        about $200 for same in NYC for tomorrow and Sunday nights

more like $1,200 per ticket for a median seat in CHI and $600 in NY
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Ugh. The Jays miss several chances to blow the game open and the Royals storm back in the late innings.

Price was crusing along, ~70 pitches going into the 7th. Goins/Bautista let a ball drop and everything comes unravelled.

Must-win on Monday.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Both series are 2-0 for the home teams.

The Jays look tired & frustrated, the Royals look hungry; if the Jays can settle down & stay patient at the plate they can get back in this, but KC is playing really great ball in all facets - great starting pitching, great bullpen, great hitting, great baserunning, great defense. They'll be tough to beat.

what's the take on the Cubs/Mets? Are the Cubs in a similar situation? Are we heading to a Mets-Royals series?

Comment

Apparently it's not Cardinals devil magic. It's Missouri devil magic.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                                Are we heading to a Mets-Royals series?
                                Yes
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X