Post-Season Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Season Discussion Thread

The Yanks are NOT starting Jacoby Ellsbury, wow.

Talking about matchups in a one-game playoff is an almost futile enterprise. Batter versus pitcher numbers have proven to be mostly useless, and other than a perusal of the platoon situations…
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I understand why Young should play, but this isn't exactly why you pay someone $153m!

Comment

I was going to start a predictions thread, but might as well post them here.

Astros over Yankees
        Cubs over Pirates

Royals over Astros
        Jays over Rangers

Cubs over Cardinals
        Dodgers over Mets

Jays over Royals
        Dodgers over Cubs

Jays over Dodgers
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'd go with the exact same predictions, but as a Dodger fan, gimme them over TOR.

Comment

Cheap ass slide by Gregorius. Started the slide after he went past the bag. Asshole.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Buh bye Yanks. Joe Girardi has to wear the same uniform number again next year, oh well.

Comment

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

ok, that is justified.

the Yankees were an afterthought for the last 2+ months to the Mets anyway in the NYC tri-state area - and they played like it tonite
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

As a member of the VD community, I'd like to imagine I made an infinitesimal contribution to the Astros win.

Onto the next series!
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      No need to act so riotous about it, dude.
                      Congrats to the Astros! I'll be rooting for you guys this postseason. Feels weird to say that about a Texas team, though.
                      It's not like I'm expecting a world series ring or anything... a partial playoffs share would be ample acknowledgement of my contribution.

Comment

Will any team sweep? If so, who?

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          Will any team sweep? If so, who?

J
                          The Cubs will sweep the Pirate.

Comment

Can anyone find series odds for the ALDS? I heard on the radio that the Jays are 3:1 for their series vs TEX. If that's true then TEX would be something like +280... which seems awfully high. I think the Jays will win, but that's a nice wager.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              Can anyone find series odds for the ALDS? I heard on the radio that the Jays are 3:1 for their series vs TEX. If that's true then TEX would be something like +280... which seems awfully high. I think the Jays will win, but that's a nice wager.
                              Jays are 3:1 to win the World Series. I can't find odds on just this series for some reason. Texas is +205 - +210 for game 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X