CC Sabathia to alcohol rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC Sabathia to alcohol rehab

will miss the playoffs, for what that's worth.

In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Huh. I figured CC needed an intervention for consumption. I am just surprised it is related to consuming liquids instead of solids.

But seriously, I hope he gets the help he needs.

Comment

It must be pretty major if he decided to do this now, just as the Yanks enter the post-season.

Comment

A standard celebrity PR maneuver is to get the rehab news out ahead of some bad stuff that will get out soon enough, such as an arrest or incendiary divorce - it serves as a "well, to be fair, he is getting help now..." card. But Sabathia has a VERY good reputation, so with any luck that won't be the case here.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

fwiw when he was up here in Toronto in August he was ushered out of a late night club just as a brawl was breaking out.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Here's a great article he wrote about his story.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

thanks for the link

everybody I know that knows him says he's a really, really good dude - and I wish him nothing but the best.

would I use an end-game pick on him? probably not. I think his arm is toast.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

I remember when this was the guy people were touting for the next member of the 300 wins club......
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Rank Player (yrs, age) Wins Throws
                  1. Bartolo Colon (18, 42) 218 R
                  2. CC Sabathia (15, 34) 214 L
                  3. John Lackey (13, 36) 165 R
                  4. Justin Verlander (11, 32) 157 R
                  5. Jake Peavy (14, 34) 147 R
                  6. Bronson Arroyo (15, 38) 145 R
                  7. Felix Hernandez (11, 29) 143 R
                  8. Zack Greinke (12, 31) 142 R
                  9. Jered Weaver (10, 32) 138 R
                  10. Jon Lester (10, 31) 127 L
                  James Shields (10, 33) 127 R

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

This quote from him resonates very deeply with me:

It made me believe that everything good that ever happened to me would be balanced out by something bad. So even when I was experiencing good times, it was difficult to fully appreciate them.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Threw 85-87 in today's start. Really, really want to root for him, but man, I need to see it on the field.

Comment

Working...
                      X