Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough pitching or do I downgrade a stud bat for more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough pitching or do I downgrade a stud bat for more?

7 x 7 12T mixed keeper. Extra cats are H, OPS x L, HR allowed.

We are required to reach a 1250 IP minimum and have a 1500 IP cap. Our starting lineup restrictions make us SP centric as we are only permitted to start 2 RP and 1 generic P daily but have 4 active slots for SP. Couple that with our 2 extra cats penalizing lesser SP and having a strong staff is important.

My current SP eligibles are Liriano, Brett Anderson, Marcum, CJ Wilson, Kuroda, Mike Pineda, Anibal Sanchez, and Aaron Crow. My RP are Street, Valverde, Farnsworth, Eduardo Sanchez, and Kou.

I have a chance to acquire Verlander + J Upton for Braun + someone like Alex Gordon. Contracts expire on all these guys so our rules mandate they'll be subject to leaguewide bids this winter. Their end of season owner holding their matching rights.

I built a strong lineup with several key keeper trades and currently own:
    Carlos Santana, Doumit
    Butler
    Utley, Zobrist, Hill
    Youkilis, Gordon, Encarnacion
    Tulowitzki, Barney
    Braun, Crawford, Granderson, Byrd, Franklin Gutierrez, Jennings
    We start 10 bats; 1 each at C, 1B, 2B, 3B, and SS, 3 OF, and 2 U

I'm built to win this year but my pitching looked poor up until a few nights ago when I posted that I'd downgrade a stud bat to net an ace. The best two offers I got were the verly one above and also one including Lincecum and Reyes off Tulo. Might be a better talent swap but Tulo has a few more years on his contract so I'd probably rather lose Braun. FWIW my pitchers stepped up the past few nights and now things aren't as dire. Should I trade Braun?

I believe in J-Up. I would jump all over this with ridiculous fury. I don't think the offensive downgrade is that big.

Comment

Yes, I'd do this deal too, given your needs. This is the deal you wanted to make--downgrade a bat for a pitching upgrade. It is painful, but the right move here.

Comment

Working...
      X