Chris Davis in 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Davis in 2016

Led the majors in HR. 117 rbi and respectable .258 average.

Thoughts on him next year? Is hea good bet to hit 40 next year due to his meds being straightened out?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Led the majors in HR. 117 rbi and respectable .258 average.

Thoughts on him next year? Is he a good bet to hit 40 next year due to his meds being straightened out?
    Barry Bonds hit 73 once they got his meds straightened out.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, I think he's a decent bet to hit 40 again, depending on what home park he goes to. He'll only be 30 next yr, so no decline in sight. Babip was only .317 so close to league avg and almost exactly same as his career figure (.319). HR/FB is 20.5 which is a little above his career mark of 16.8 but he's hit 47 (2 today) this yr which is above 40 so this seems about right.

Reportedly, the bidding on him will BEGIN at 8 yrs/$200 mil, and I dont see the O's paying anywhere near that unless there is a major change in the org approach to payroll. The richest teams dont need a 1B/DH type so I dont know where he ends up. Does someone try him in the OF?

Comment

Hard to bank on anyone hitting 40 homers these days, and Davis, like any big swinger, is prone to prolonged slumps. I wouldn't bank on 2016 matching 2015, but I have him locked up for next year and I am glad I do. Even with regression, it is very unlikely he falls so far as to go the way of Chris Carter. A guy whose floor is around 30 homers is a valuable commodity, and, of course, he has twice now shown his ceiling can carry you to a title.

Edit: I like Davis and all, but any team that gives him 8 years and 200 million is really foolish. I'd be shocked if he got more than 6/150, but then again, I've been shocked a lot by these ridiculous contracts to aging power 1bmen.

Comment

Working...
        X