Aardsma or Farnsworth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aardsma or Farnsworth

Who do you like better for the rest of 2011?

I'd take Farnsy. He may still be in some kind of committee but at least he can walk, and I like his stuff better.

Comment

agreed
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Maddon still says its a committee but Farnsworth was the guy warming up in the 9th last night, again

Comment

Both run the risk of losing their jobs come the trade deadline (although the more I watch Brandon League, the more I hope the M's keep Aardsma around for next year and just deal League off instead). I think they're both probably pretty equal in the scheme of things. Farnsworth may end up with the better ERA, but Aardsma probably has the better WHIP in the end. If I lean towards Farnsworth, it's not by much.

Comment

Aardsma with a Grade Two sprain in his elbow

I'd pretty much write him off for 2011

Comment

Moonlight J,
              Curious on your opinion/guess on what happens the rest of the way with Farnsworth and JP Howell in Rays bullpen. Assuming Howell stays healthy and continues to progress the way he has how do you see this playing out?

Comment

Originally posted by aenglish87 View Post
                Moonlight J,
                Curious on your opinion/guess on what happens the rest of the way with Farnsworth and JP Howell in Rays bullpen. Assuming Howell stays healthy and continues to progress the way he has how do you see this playing out?
                It's Farnsworth's job to lose. Howell is going to be used all over the place as Maddon will have his favorite toy back but Farnsworth has been nearly flawless so far back there. Last night was his first mistake....walking a guy after being up 0-2 was just tough to watch.

Comment

Do you think Howell will work back into high leverage situations soon after his return? I have both of them in a Holds league where I would love to see Farny keep closing all year and Howell become the Rays leading holds guy with his SP/RP yahoo eligibility for me. Do you see that playing out as I have planned?

Comment

yea, Howell is going to be in the high-leverage situations.

Russell
                    Ramos
                    Peralta
                    Farnsworth
                    Howell
                    Gomes
                    Cruz

is likely the make-up (I think Sonnanstine is done) and Cruz, Farns, Peralta, Howell get the 7-9 while the other guys get low leverage or one out matchups

Comment

Working...
                    X