Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Championship This Year. Thinking About Keepers for Next Year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Championship This Year. Thinking About Keepers for Next Year.

No championship for my NL 5x5 squad this year, but reloaded for next year. A lot can happen between now and April (injuries, trades, FA signings, etc.). But it entertains me to think about keepers. Would love to hear what the 'pen thinks. We keep 7 max. Which 7 would you keep? If I make trades, what sort of player would you target (not knowing the league or keepers)? And which players would you try to trade?

I would probably keep the first 7 but may change my mind. Your views? And how would you rank them? Thanks in advance.

AJ Pollock $6 (final year)
    Pat Corbin $1
    Jacob deGrom $16 (option year)
    Randal Grichuk $1
    Matt Duffy $10
    Adeiny Hechavarria $1 (option year)
    Yunel Escobar $2
    -----------------
    Hector Rondon $10 (option year)
    Paul Goldschmidt $49

One concern: keeping the first 7 would give me two 3B (until Escobar qualifies again at 2B next year -- which would take 5 games, but at auction would fill a CI slot).

I really, really like Corbin. You didn't say how many teams but I'm assuming 10 or 12. He's probably a $15 pitcher in a 12-team league. Look at his K/BB this year. I agree with ElD that Goldy should be a keeper. I see the first 6 as really good keepers. Escobar is signed for next year and I'm guessing he has a spot at either 2B/3B with all the Nats' moving pieces. I lean slightly to keeping him over Adeiny, but wouldn't argue with Hech given how putrid NL SS can be. Honestly I think their numbers might be similar next year - .280 with a handful of HRs and SBs - but I trust Escobar's AVG and team context a lot more.

AJ Pollock $6 (final year)
    Jacob deGrom $16 (option year)
    Pat Corbin $1
    Randal Grichuk $1
    Paul Goldschmidt $49
    Hector Rondon $10 (option year)

-----
    Yunel Escobar $2
    Adeiny Hechavarria $1 (option year)
    Matt Duffy $10

Comment

Thanks guys. 12 teams.

I'm not surprised by the love for Goldschmidt despite his cost. But I am very torn about Rondon. It seems you are not. Maddon is very fickle and I worry about Rondon's role. Maybe I can upgrade in the offseason.

Comment

Working...
      X