Looking for good September injury rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for good September injury rules

I play in an 'old-school' AL-only league with no reserves. We have an unlimited DL. You cannot place a guy on the DL until his ML team does, but once the guy comes off you have 2 weeks to activate him or lose him. The problem comes when rosters expand, guys get hurt (sometimes even have surgery) but some teams never put the player on the DL. Any suggestions for rules? I'm thinking of one of the following:
    1) If a player gets injured (documentation required) from Sept 1 on, you may place him on the DL, but he must remain there for a minimum of 15 days.
    or
    2) If a player gets injured (documentation required) from Sept 1 on, you may place him on the DL, but he may not be activated for the remainder of the season.

Any thoughts???
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

both are reasonable, and the second one is better I think

we play "tough titties" with everything, including this (I have Lucroy who may be concussion done-for but no DL, but COL Hundley did just get put on the DL. doesn't figure to matter)

but as with the "keep the stats of guy to AL" thread, there is more than one approach. just go by the majority sentiment in your league, and you're good.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

both are reasonable, and the second one is better I think

we play "tough titties" with everything, including this (I have Lucroy who may be concussion done-for but no DL, but COL Hundley did just get put on the DL. doesn't figure to matter)

but as with the "keep the stats of guy to AL" thread, there is more than one approach. just go by the majority sentiment in your league, and you're good.

and Go Grinch! one of our best posters....
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
      X