September Baseball...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Baseball...

Cant say that I'm a big fan of the expanded rosters, and their effect on my fantasy season. I'm in the final 4 of my points league, a tight battle to get in the finals for the next 2 weeks. And after the week starts, the Dodgers decide that they need to give everyone a little extra rest (not a bad decision after blowing the Giants away) and give Bolsinger a start. The White Sox decided that they're simply bad, and there's no reason to kill anyone, so they decide that Eric Johnson needs a start. Again, not the worst decision.

The upshot is that I lose 2 starts for the week, almost impossible to make up...the two pitchers who'll sit their 2nd start of the week? Just Greinke and Sale...sigh. I am cursed in that league...
    Last edited by Hornsby; 09-08-2015, 04:59 PM.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Another reason why head to head fantasy is stupid for baseball.

Comment

Another reason why head to head fantasy is stupid for baseball.

And sorry for the tough break, Hornsby.

Comment

well, I'll just say that I could use an education on why to use head-to-head vs season-long in baseball.

I don't play fantasy FB, but I kind of get that it's one day a week, and you can go to a sports bar with your opponent and have at it, and so forth.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Just saw this on Twitter...

Scott Miller retweeted

Brett Anderson ‏@BrettAnderson35 1h1 hour ago

September baseball...when there are too many people available to play and timely games go to die.

204 retweets 444 favorites

Reply Retweet 204 Favorite 444
          More
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

My Al league also lets our roster expand - on Sept 1 we activate an extra Batter and Pitcher - this helps cushion some of the player movement on the MLB level.

Comment

the Brett Anderson tweet was about the Dodgers/Angels game, which I watched the end of. It took almost four hours, largely because the Dodgers used eight pitchers and the Angels nine. Four pitchers only faced one batter and eleven pitched less than one inning.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
              X