Wily Mo Pena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wily Mo Pena

Anyone take a look at his last 200 AB in AAA? .348/.414/.640 with a 10% walk rate....and a 34% K rate. This season, he's walked 5 times and struck out just 5 times in his first 40 PA's. Hard to believe he's only 29 years old.

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Anyone take a look at his last 200 AB in AAA? .348/.414/.640 with a 10% walk rate....and a 34% K rate. This season, he's walked 5 times and struck out just 5 times in his first 40 PA's. Hard to believe he's only 29 years old.
    We saw him for a cup of coffee in Boston after the Sawx dealt Arroyo to the Reds for him. When he gets a hold of one...jeezus it's crushed.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

That guy looks like a beast. I had him for years only to be disappointed. I fear he just does not have the head for the game.

Comment

Now at .352/.433/.716 in 176 AB this season

I can't believe an AL team (HELLO TB) hasn't tried to call AZ and acquire him.

Comment

I cant believe Arizona cant find a place for him. Parra is a 4th OF.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            I cant believe Arizona cant find a place for him. Parra is a 4th OF.
            Parra's defense has been outstanding, which is keeping him as an everyday starter. FWIW, his UZR is +12.3 for the season, by far the best in all of baseball.

But Pena should be a bat on the bench, in place of Sean Burroughs.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
              Parra's defense has been outstanding, which is keeping him as an everyday starter. FWIW, his UZR is +12.3 for the season, by far the best in all of baseball.

But Pena should be a bat on the bench, in place of Sean Burroughs.
              I've got a question about that. Chris Young is +3.1. Does that mean Parra is way better defensively? I always thought Young was a pretty good CF.

I'd start off by playing WMP against LHP since Parra is almost completely useless against them.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                I've got a question about that. Chris Young is +3.1. Does that mean Parra is way better defensively? I always thought Young was a pretty good CF.

I'd start off by playing WMP against LHP since Parra is almost completely useless against them.
                As soon as WMP gets a shot he will go 1-40 with 35 Ks and 1 hr. But that Hr will go very far.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  As soon as WMP gets a shot he will go 1-40 with 35 Ks and 1 hr. But that Hr will go very far.
                  and that will still help the Rays lineup

Comment

WMP has really slowed down recently. Last 10 days: 36 AB 5/10 bb/k .222/.333/.417 2hr.

If ARI had to call up an OF'er right now it might be Cowgill who looks like he might be an all around useful player.

Comment

Working...
                    X