Sands Called Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    You watching the games? He doesn't look overmatched to me. In fact, he's roped more than a few but unfortunately right at fielders. He has had a couple bad ABs but I think "overmatched" is far too strong a word.
    This is good to hear. When I've seen him, he's hit weak grounders or struck out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wahoo View Post
      I could use power in my deep NL only 5x5 league. I expect that I would need to FAAB about $20 (of a $100 FAAB budget) to get Sands. Is he worth it?
      I think so, and I'm not a Dodger homer. He has some advantages that will help assure the Dodgers will be patient with him - first, Loney is simply sucking, second, he's cheap and the Dodgers are going to like cheap this year and next, and third, the OF competition isn't that tough, either.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        You watching the games? He doesn't look overmatched to me. In fact, he's roped more than a few but unfortunately right at fielders. He has had a couple bad ABs but I think "overmatched" is far too strong a word.
        how about "rushed" or "not ready"

Comment

Originally posted by Wahoo View Post
          I could use power in my deep NL only 5x5 league. I expect that I would need to FAAB about $20 (of a $100 FAAB budget) to get Sands. Is he worth it?
          FYI - He went for $25 in my main league (18 team 7x7).

Comment

Originally posted by jackmadden View Post
            FYI - He went for $25 in my main league (18 team 7x7).
            Thanks for the info. I may need to up my bid if I want him badly enough.

Comment

The Dodgers optioned Sands back to AAA today, and called up OF Trent Oeltjen.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                The Dodgers optioned Sands back to AAA today, and called up OF Trent Oeltjen.
                huh. So are they going to be using Thames in the outfield more?
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                X