trade advice - 12-mixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade advice - 12-mixed

12-team mixed 5x5 using AVG. This is as close as I've ever seen a league - it's the end of August and here are the top of the standings: 84, 82.5 (me), 80.5, 80, 79, 77.5

In all three leagues I play in, I went with a really exaggerated hitting/pitching split this year as an experiment. In this league it was a little easier to get to work because most other teams don't try to stream and because I had a cheap Kluber and Harvey as keepers and hit on a $1 Andrew Miller, but I've had some terrible luck with the streaming this year especially as far as picking up wins goes. What this means is that I can't pick up much in hitting and I'm trying to decide whether to make one last trade.

I'm at the top of the standings in R, RBI and SB (could lose one point in R, none in RBI or SB). Second in HR after having 15 since Monday, 7 off the lead. Only 4 points in AVG with a .264; I don't have a good feeling for how much I can pick up there, but there are teams at 265, 266, and two at 269.

I have 3.5 points in W with 61; the teams close to me have 70, 69, 67, 63, and 61.
    I have 7 points in SV with 73; one team ahead of me has 77, the next is over 90. The teams behind me have 68 and 65. My SV have been down since Soria lost his job and I just have Miller and Chapman.
    I have 6 points in ERA with 3.68; there are only three other teams within 0.20 in either direction (3.57, 3.60, 3.69)
    I have 7 points in WHIP with 1.226; there are only three teams within 0.03 in either direction (1.221, 1.253, 1.254)
    I have 8 points in K with 1052. The teams above me are just over 1100, and there are four teams within 30 behind me.

The guy I'm talking to has Goldschmidt (would replace Travis Shaw), Hamels, Papelbon, Zimmermann, Tolleson, and Gregerson available. I have a bunch of very replaceable pitchers (Eduardo Rodriguez, Buehrle, Miley). He's interested in Bryant ($8 next year), Schwarber ($2), Kluber ($13), Harvey ($11), or Darvish ($6). I'm happy to trade Darvish, and I guess I could trade Harvey since he's going to miss a start or two, but even if I got most of what he has would it make enough of a difference?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

addendum: we only get six keepers and I also have Donaldson $32, AMiller $6, BHamilton $12, Stroman $6 as possible keepers, so I can afford to move a couple guys.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Which Zimmerman is that? You need a lot of saves - I'm not convinced you can gain much ground even if you got 4 closers. You'd just lose points in wins and Ks. I wouldn't deal Bryant or Schwarber at this point but the rest I could be talked into. If you get a haul back and go into next year with Donaldson, Miller, Bryant, Schwarber, that's pretty sweet. I'd also consider dealing Stroman and keeping Harvey if he'll let you.

Comment

I ended up doing Kluber and Darvish for Michael Brantley, Jordan Zimmermann, Hamels, and Gregerson. I doubt it's enough but I can't keep everyone anyway and this doesn't touch the guys I'm most excited about.

Comment

Working...
        X