fantasy bases rookie needs some serious help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fantasy bases rookie needs some serious help please

Hey fellas, can a few of you help me try to win my league?

I'm in a 12 team 5x5 league where we play for Quality Starts and not wins. 4 places get paid at the end of the year and so far this year I'm usually in 3rd or 4th, sometimes 5th. I'm not worried about my offense at all.

I drafted 3 closers and everyone one of them got hurt. Needless to say, I'm dead last in saves. I'm 13 behind the 11th place guy and 19 behind the 10th place guy. So I'm kinda hosed as far as save points go

I'm 7th in ERA and 7th in whip. I'm killing it it SO and QS because I havent been starting closers for a while. Now I have 3 legit closers from trades and the wire. What the hell should I do now?

Do I start three closers the rest of the year and hope that takes my WHIP and ERA down enough to gain some points? I'll probably never catch anyone for saves but will starting 3 closers be the best strategy for me to gain points? Or should I punt closers altogether and just start all SP and try to maintain my SO and QS lead? I'm completely lost as to what to do. Here's my pitching team.... What do you guys think I should do?

SP Jake Arrieta Gerrit Cole Marco Estrada Francisco Liriano Danny Salazar Hector Santiago Mark Buehrle Andrew Cashner

RP John Axford Santiago Casilla Arodys Vizcaino Jean Machi

Originally posted by Apocolypse Now View Post
    Hey fellas, can a few of you help me try to win my league?

I'm in a 12 team 5x5 league where we play for Quality Starts and not wins. 4 places get paid at the end of the year and so far this year I'm usually in 3rd or 4th, sometimes 5th. I'm not worried about my offense at all.

I drafted 3 closers and everyone one of them got hurt. Needless to say, I'm dead last in saves. I'm 13 behind the 11th place guy and 19 behind the 10th place guy. So I'm kinda hosed as far as save points go

I'm 7th in ERA and 7th in whip. I'm killing it it SO and QS because I havent been starting closers for a while. Now I have 3 legit closers from trades and the wire. What the hell should I do now?

Do I start three closers the rest of the year and hope that takes my WHIP and ERA down enough to gain some points? I'll probably never catch anyone for saves but will starting 3 closers be the best strategy for me to gain points? Or should I punt closers altogether and just start all SP and try to maintain my SO and QS lead? I'm completely lost as to what to do. Here's my pitching team.... What do you guys think I should do?

SP Jake Arrieta Gerrit Cole Marco Estrada Francisco Liriano Danny Salazar Hector Santiago Mark Buehrle Andrew Cashner

RP John Axford Santiago Casilla Arodys Vizcaino Jean Machi
    Outside of Vizcaino your closers will probably not help in WHIP and ERA. I would only start Vizcaino and your SP's. I would not ever start the other 3 closers.

Caveat: Do the teams ahead of you in the Saves category have any closers and therefore still getting saves?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Outside of Vizcaino your closers will probably not help in WHIP and ERA. I would only start Vizcaino and your SP's. I would not ever start the other 3 closers.

Caveat: Do the teams ahead of you in the Saves category have any closers and therefore still getting saves?
      That caveat is key really. Three closers could easily close a 13 save gap if the 11th place team has no closers left. But if he's still starting 3, then I would ditch those closers and either roll with all SPs, or find elite MRs with great ratios if any are sitting on the wire. How far ahead are the teams in front of you in the ratio categores, and how far ahead are you in QS and Ks? All relevant factors in making your decision.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

And just because you have three closers, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be getting saves! I have Robertson/Axford/Chapman and feel like I haven't gotten a save in weeks. So if those guys aren't getting in the game, they'll be doing diddly squat for you.

Can you post the ERA & WHIP of the teams on the upside and downside, and the closers on the teams in front of you in saves?

Comment

Working...
        X