No announcement yet.

Mike Leake Arrested for Shoplifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those whose leagues have "Net SB" as a category - does this count against the Leake owner's team as a "caught stealing"?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      For those whose leagues have "Net SB" as a category - does this count against the Leake owner's team as a "caught stealing"?
      Humor! I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Couldn't find the "We're not worthy" smilie so you get this instead

:ROFL:

Comment

the inevitable t-shirt:

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            "Mike Leake We Gave You The Bunt Sign Not The Steal Sign!"

Beautiful.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Mike Leake has plead guilty to unauthorized use of property related to his shoplifting arrest in Ohio earlier this month.
              Leake was sentenced to serve 30 hours of community service and will enter a diversion program. "Serious lapse in judgment on my part," said Leake, who claims that he exchanged the t-shirts in question without talking to the store clerk.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Mike Leake has plead guilty to unauthorized use of property related to his shoplifting arrest in Ohio earlier this month.
                Leake was sentenced to serve 30 hours of community service and will enter a diversion program. "Serious lapse in judgment on my part," said Leake, who claims that he exchanged the t-shirts in question without talking to the store clerk.
                He needs a new publicist - is anyone buying this?

Comment

Late to the party here but ... nope, not buying it. When you're caught prying the security devices off the shirts instead of having someone who works there just take them off for you, it's tough to believe you were just "exchanging" the items.

I don't know anything about Leak aside from his pitching stats and have no idea what kind of person he is. But, after reading all the posts about how this could be a cry for help, he could have a problem, it was a dare, etc., I'm surprised more time was not focused on another obvious explanation: maybe he's just a punk with an overblown sense of entitlement like so many other pro athletes. And, while I also appreciated the the account of how Lucky would handle it in his court, I think that would be letting him off too lightly. Personally, I'm more apt to sympathize with a kid or twenty-something that comes from a tough neighborhood, has fewer role models, etc. With someone like Leake, I think if you want to send a message that he's not above the law and that he's subject to the same rules as the rest of us working slops, you stick him out on a road crew in an orange jumpsuit for 30 hours and let him fully understand the meaning of consequences. You want to expunge his record if he's clean for some period of time after that, fine for me. I don't think people should have the stigma of a criminal record with them their whole lives for a one-time stupid mistake (unless it involves violence) but there should absolutely be real consequences.

Comment

Working...
                  X