X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Fiers.....shhhhhh

no hitting the Dodgers through 8

Go crazy folks!! Be loud!!!
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

134 pitches, and his first career complete game.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Wow, that's like Johan Santana's PC that ended his career!

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          134 pitches, and his first career complete game.
          They said it was the first time Fiers pitched into the ninth inning in his career.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Congrats to Fiers, but read the twitter comments about Fiers glove....

Comment

I don't care if his glove had a cloaking device on it - it's still goddamn embarrassing to get no-hit by the guy

Comment

I was there. It was amazing.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Nobody could touch him all night, except for the Justin Turner deep ball that just went foul down the left field line, and the first out of the ninth to Jake Marisnick on the warning track in front of the bullpen.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Congrats on the first no hitter in Minute Maid history (I think).
                    Thank you. Yes, it was.

Comment

For those of you who want to see my ugly mug, apparently I got some air time by sitting behind some guy named Nolan Ryan after a no-hitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        For those of you who want to see my ugly mug, apparently I got some air time by sitting behind some guy named Nolan Ryan after a no-hitter.

http://m.mlb.com/hou/video/topic/434...game_pk=415469

Was too distracted by Colin's ugly shirt

Comment

As Wayne used to say, "most excellent"! Looking good there in the management suite, maybe someday, front row with a big title...fingers crossed.

As far as throwing 134 pitches, it's a no-hitter, something they can never take away from you. Fiers has had, and probably will continue to have, a mediocre career, but it is a MAJOR LEAGUE career. So let him have his cherry on a sundae and bask in the glory for the rest of his life.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            As Wayne used to say, "most excellent"! Looking good there in the management suite, maybe someday, front row with a big title...fingers crossed.

As far as throwing 134 pitches, it's a no-hitter, something they can never take away from you. Fiers has had, and probably will continue to have, a mediocre career, but it is a MAJOR LEAGUE career. So let him have his cherry on a sundae and bask in the glory for the rest of his life.
                            one of the few things I agree with Hornsby on....
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

For the record, I was in favor of leaving him in for the ninth, not that A.J. was asking me.

Comment

Working...
                              X