Utley to Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utley to Dodgers

Being finalized right now. Apparently the Dodgers like aging Philly infielders. Howard is still available...
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Crazy, didn't see this one coming. Let's hope his bat isn't totally dead.
    It's been quite a bit better since he came off the DL. Not as good as the 2005-2011 version, of course.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

so this means kendrick is worse than indicated? Or are they just picking up a guy for a week and a half of games?

Comment

I am so glad to read this as I thought the Cubs were the front runners for him.

Comment

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Wow, the Dodgers B team is better than some A teams. No wonder Mattingly seems to have so much trouble figuring out who to play.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Traded for Darnell Sweeney and John Richy. Sweeney is an okay prospect, at least a top 15 guy in the organization. Never heard of Richy but sounds like a project. Reasonable return for Utley at this stage, I suppose.
              I guess. I mean I don't think it's poor value, I just don't see the reason behind it unless Utley really was asking to get out of town and they did him a favor. The Phillies are really deep in their minors right now. They don't have the high end guys outside of Crawford that LA, the Cubs or Red Sox have (although they do have 6 guys in the top 100 now) but they have talent all over the place. As a fan, I would have rather forgone 2 suspects and cheered for Utley for the rest of the season. If this is something he wanted, then I'm happy for him I guess.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
              X