Sssh....Iwakuma...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sssh....Iwakuma...

is tossing a you-know-what thru 7 IP. 2 BBs the only baserunners. 90 pitches and leads 3-0.

He did it!

Comment

116 pitches, 7 Ks, 3 BBs.

Too bad it had to be against my O's

Comment

And to indicate how fast Wikipedia can work these days, someone had already entered it in the page that lists all MLB no-hitters w/i about 10 minutes after it happened.

Comment

I didnt realize this but this was the 1st AL no-hitter since King Felix threw a perfect game in 2012. Also the 2nd no-no from a Japanese-born pitcher, after Hideo Nomo's.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
            I didnt realize this but this was the 1st AL no-hitter since King Felix threw a perfect game in 2012. Also the 2nd no-no from a Japanese-born pitcher, after Hideo Nomo's.
            The last 12 no-hitters were all pitched in the NL before today's game.
            "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
            "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
            WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
            PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Working...
            X