Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puig or Michael Taylor?

Puig is $20 and done after next year.

Taylor is $10 for two years or can be given a raise at $5 per year after next season.

I am the owner of both and I am considering trading one of them for a cheap closer.

This is a 12 man deep NL only 5x5 Ultra keeper league.

Thank you.

Hard to believe that Taylor has actually had a better year than Puig, but I'm still going with Puig here. The only issue is that there's a chance Puig gets traded, potentially out of the NL.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Hard to believe that Taylor has actually had a better year than Puig, but I'm still going with Puig here. The only issue is that there's a chance Puig gets traded, potentially out of the NL.
      I have kept Taylor as a free rookie status player for several years. I have expected good things from him and believe he will be very good next year. I traded for Puig with higher expectations and have been disappointed. I still think he can be very good.

The extra years for Taylor plus the extra 10 bucks as well as the things I mentioned above may be clouding my judgement. That is why I posted the question here.

Thank you for the response.

Anyone else care to chime in?

Comment

I think that this is a question only Mith can answer...

Seriously, Puig is a guy that can be an MVP, perhaps more than once. Michael Taylor is just a guy...the one place where he's going to get Puig is in steals, and that assumes that he's going to get the same amount of AB's next year.

Don't overthink it and figure that you can turn the extra 10 bucks into something magic...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

well, don't assume that you'd be getting the same player back for either. let the marketplace play a role in who you move. somebody may be all-in for 2016 and still believe in Puig (I shipped him out in June myself and never looked back, but you never know).
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            I think that this is a question only Mith can answer...

Seriously, Puig is a guy that can be an MVP, perhaps more than once. Michael Taylor is just a guy...the one place where he's going to get Puig is in steals, and that assumes that he's going to get the same amount of AB's next year.

Don't overthink it and figure that you can turn the extra 10 bucks into something magic...
            This is good counsel. Take Hornsby's advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I am the owner of both and I am considering trading one of them for a cheap closer.
              I probably don't trade either for a closer. As we have all seen too often, today's closer is tomorrow's set-up man (and sometimes back in the minors a month later)

Comment

Working...
              X