Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which league management site do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which league management site do you use?

As in Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, etc. My 12-team NL-only keeper league used to use some mom and pop place that cost a bundle but then they went out of business or something. Since then we've been using OnRoto which we've been having all kinds of problems with - players not going on waivers at the right time, impossible to make your own moves mid-week (we have weekly moves but you can pick guys up mid-week who won't be active until the following week), etc.

My other keeper league uses Yahoo but that's because we use a very simple minor league system and don't have a salary cap. Do you guys have good suggestions for alternatives?

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    As in Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, etc. My 12-team NL-only keeper league used to use some mom and pop place that cost a bundle but then they went out of business or something. Since then we've been using OnRoto which we've been having all kinds of problems with - players not going on waivers at the right time, impossible to make your own moves mid-week (we have weekly moves but you can pick guys up mid-week who won't be active until the following week), etc.

My other keeper league uses Yahoo but that's because we use a very simple minor league system and don't have a salary cap. Do you guys have good suggestions for alternatives?
    I have teams on CBS, OnRoto, and Yahoo. Obviously not Yahoo for that league. Are the OnRoto guys not willing to work with you? They're generally pretty good about doing customer configurations.

That said, it sounds like what you want should be covered by CBS, and they're... fine, just a bit expensive. But I'd email the customer service people at OnRoto before abandoning them.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

In my 4 leagues, we use CBS (2), RotoWire and OnRoto. All are OK for our purposes but RotoWire doesnt have live standings, so you have to wait until the next day to find out where you are.

One thing I'm not liking about CBS is their new GameTracker. It basically doesnt work. I messaged them about it a while ago but they dont appear to have fixed anything. So I then tried using FOXSports GAmeTracker, or what ever they call it, but the loast couple days it hasnt been working at all. So I tried MLB's "GameTRacker" feature yesterday and it is working only sporadically. What gives? So today I'm using OnRoto's in-game box scores which is very basic but at least it's working.

Comment

I'm not the commish, he's just asking for alternatives since so many people have been complaining.

Comment

I have gotten confused with onroto at times as a Commish, but frankly it always has been my own lack of tech savvy.

you don't get bells and whistles, but the tech support is absurdly good. they also are quite willing to work with mid-week pickups (eg this year I noticed that some trades were getting done immediately even though it's a weekly moves league. they showed me that I had not had the proper setup in place. their entire business model is "whatever you want," so you may need a new commish or at least a re-booted one).
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

We use rotowire - it doesn't have up to date standings (like cbs) but does have up to date box scores of your players. Not as pretty as cbs but it is still good and not nearly as costly.

Comment

Have used CBS for 10 years for our leagues. Pretty much everything except conditional FAAB.

Comment

CBS no question.Hard to believe another site couldn't gain on them the last 15 years!

Comment

we passed on a free year of cbs after All-Star Stars died because they tell you what the parameters are. ugly duckling onroto just asks you what you need, and gives it to you. now all we need is Trump to draw a conclusion from that.....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

I would like to hear from anyone who has used onroto and has any tech background. I have maybe 2-3 questions a year, and those are solved in 15-20 minutes. I think if I grasped their interface better, I could go years without ever needing to ask for help......

it's also funny that I touted ASS but people said it was too expensive - which I understood.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Auction league, but no FAAB, we use Fantrax. It's a lot cheaper than CBS, but not bulletproof. In game tracking is very good and site uptime is excellent. Had some issues with traded player values transferring correctly but that appears to have been worked out.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The guys at TQStats/OnRoto have GREAT customer service. If we need something specialized for our league, their staff makes it available for us within days. Occasionally we'll find players on the free agent list, so I'll send OnRoto a note and in short time the player is on the correct list. I might have to go through and resort the transactions the site does, but once again, it's an easy fix. With no other experience with current pay sites, I can't speak of shortcomings.
                        "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

I could never recommend Onroto. I convinced my league mates to switch to Onroto from CBS and the techies in our group were skeptical given it's ugly interface (this was 5 or 6 years ago, hopefully they've improved it). So, we decided to keep CBS and run a parallel site just in case we had to abandon the switch. A week into the season, they still had not gotten their real-time stats page working. I was getting a ton of pressure to dump them but I held out because I was in communication with one of their guys who kept promising it would be up 'soon'. Eventually I had to say, 'look if you don't have this up I'm going to have to switch services'. Without a response, he just deleted our entire league! WHO DOES THAT!?!?! Thankfully we had CBS backing us up.

I am no CBS cheerleader due to their questionable and generally unresponsive customer service (when it comes to suggesting improvements), FAAB system (both it's set-up and functionality...have had to manually override bids about 6 or 7 times this season because a bid didn't get processed) and fairly exorbitant price tag. In fact I have pleaded with ESPN to add a 'Contract' field to their service because that is absolutely essential for any keeper league, but to no avail. So we continue with CBS, but I can say it is much better than anything else out there that I have seen.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                          X