Sale...wtf???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sale...wtf???

He s garbage . What is wrong with him? Had that incredible stretch but flat out sucks lately.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

By lately, you mean the last two starts, which despite being his worst starts he still Ked 16?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      By lately, you mean the last two starts, which despite being his worst starts he still Ked 16?
      Sort of. But his overall season has been a bit of a letdown. ERA is 3.52
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

While I agree it's too early to panic, I am concerned that his command has been so bad in the last two starts. Good velocity but bad command can indicate elbow issues.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          While I agree it's too early to panic, I am concerned that his command has been so bad in the last two starts. Good velocity but bad command can indicate elbow issues.
          Damn, chance, kind of going out on a limb there, aren't you? He's human, the team is having a disappointing season, and so is he. Kershaw gets hit around occasionally, so does Archer...it happens, that's all.

His FIP is 2.50, the lowest it's ever been and his K rate if 11.7, which is insane for a starting pitcher. He's fine, in fact, he may be better than he's ever been...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Sort of. But his overall season has been a bit of a letdown. ERA is 3.52
            His ERA stood at 2.85 until these last two blowups. His FIP still leads the AL at 2.50, which tells me he's still a stud. His 11.7 K/9 is best in the league as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Damn, chance, kind of going out on a limb there, aren't you? He's human, the team is having a disappointing season, and so is he. Kershaw gets hit around occasionally, so does Archer...it happens, that's all.

His FIP is 2.50, the lowest it's ever been and his K rate if 11.7, which is insane for a starting pitcher. He's fine, in fact, he may be better than he's ever been...
              Like I said, too early to panic. Maybe the frustration of dealing with Ventura just mentally wore him out. But...the loss of command is concerning. He had elbow issues in 2012 and was moved to the bullpen temporarily. He went on the DL in 2014 with a flexor muscle strain. It's not like this would be a surprise.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Like I said, too early to panic. Maybe the frustration of dealing with Ventura just mentally wore him out. But...the loss of command is concerning. He had elbow issues in 2012 and was moved to the bullpen temporarily. He went on the DL in 2014 with a flexor muscle strain. It's not like this would be a surprise.
                His walk per 9 is also at an all time low...he's not losing command that I can see by the naked eye or the stats. Hell, I hope that he keeps pitching like this so I can target him in the off-season...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

This is just Mith putting the reverse jink on Sale.

Thank you all for playing along. Now get out there and trade for Sale before it is too late!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    This is just Mith putting the reverse jink on Sale.

Thank you all for playing along. Now get out there and trade for Sale before it is too late!
                    You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X