Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Correa keeper value - how much would you pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Correa keeper value - how much would you pay?

Firmly drinking the Kool Aid on Correa. What's his value in a keeper league? (assume 12 team 5x5 mixed for valuation)

One of my teams has been decimated with injury this season and I'm selling up in a big way. Wondering how hard to go for young Correa.

Last year when I dumped in my NL only, I gave up 4 non keepers to a contender for Bryant and I'm cruising to the title this year

That's what I would do cause that worked

Comment

A lot of factors in play--how many keepers, how long you can keep him for etc. Your strategy depends on those things, but if I had a good keeper set already, and I had room for just one more keeper, I'd happily trade every non keeper asset I had for Correa.

Comment

Well, non-keeper assets... yes.But that's not a big risk.

In a league with 7 keepers, no contracts...

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
          Well, non-keeper assets... yes.But that's not a big risk.

In a league with 7 keepers, no contracts...
          Shallow league with not a ton of keepers, I'd try to keep my top 6 keepers, and trade the rest of my team for Correa. If that isn't enough, throw in your 6th best guy and see if that does it.

Comment

A shitload. I tried in my league but he's not for sale.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Yeah I'd give up nearly anything for Correa, honestly.
              Yup, especially if it's a dynasty keeper league.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Unless the Correa owner is trying to win this year and needs help no one will want to pay the price he could command.

I cannot imagine the offer it would take for me to want to trade Correa if I owned him. Yet there is still overpaying in trying to acquire him. I would have a limit with my cheap keepers and free rookies as to what I would pay for Correa. I would pay a lot but probably not what it would take to get him.

What did you offer?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  What did you offer?
                  In my league, there are only 6 keepers per team, so an elite keeper usually fetches at least two studs*. I offered Greinke and Encarnacion, both of whom can't be kept (and would have added more if negotiations had gone that way), but the Correa owner, who was mid-pack in the standings and pretty far out of 1st or 2nd, decided he would forego a run this year and hold on to Correa (as well as Schwarber and A. Russell, who I asked about once he said Correa was off the table.)

* - For example, Donaldson, who is the equivalent of $8 to keep next year, fetched this (and Bautista is the equivalent of $28 to keep next year):

LEBO traded Chris Carter, Hou DH to CARR
                  LEBO traded Jose Bautista, Tor OF to CARR
                  LEBO traded Mike Moustakas, KC 3B to CARR
                  LEBO traded Starling Marte, Pit OF to CARR
                  LEBO traded Michael Wacha, StL SP to CARR
                  CARR traded Josh Donaldson, Tor 3B to LEBO
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Yeah I'd give up nearly anything for Correa, honestly.
                    Just as a follow-up...in an AL only 5x5 league, would you deal Cueto-6, CDavis-19 and SVogt-5 if it meant you could get a $5 Correa or a $11 JD Martinez? This is almost like a dynasty league in that there is no limit to how many years you can keep a player...their salaries just go up $5 each year. The salaries listed are their current prices, so add $5 to be a keeper next year.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
                      Just as a follow-up...in an AL only 5x5 league, would you deal Cueto-6, CDavis-19 and SVogt-5 if it meant you could get a $5 Correa or a $11 JD Martinez? This is almost like a dynasty league in that there is no limit to how many years you can keep a player...their salaries just go up $5 each year. The salaries listed are their current prices, so add $5 to be a keeper next year.
                      If I'm out of the pennant race, I do that deal to get Correa right now. It's not a bad deal for JDM, either. If you're in it for the pennant, that's too much talent to give up.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

No, I've tossed in the towel...playing for next year and beyond. Thanks, Chance...

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
                          How many keepers? How many teams?

You have to give to get, and I would make this deal for Correa.

I probably make it for Martinez but might not depending on your answers to keepers and teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            How many keepers? How many teams?

You have to give to get, and I would make this deal for Correa.

I probably make it for Martinez but might not depending on your answers to keepers and teams.
                            Minimum of 3 and up to 10 keepers in an 8 team AL only league. Like I mentioned above, all keepers will incur a $5 salary bump in order to be kept..the salaries listed below are current salaries without the bump.

My tentative keepers so far are Vogt-5, Moustakas-3, Sano-5, Brantley-16, Davis-19, Betts-5, Reddick-7, Cueto-6, Hamels-6, Hahn-2
                            I also have Butler-14, Choo-16, Darvish-1, Cron-1
                            and, I still have Encarnacion-45 and MCabrera-49 to try to deal...no one is biting and due to league rules, it's hard to deal them with their high salaries.

On another note, would you make the same deal for a $20 Trout?
                            Last edited by luckyheel; 08-05-2015, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I have Correa at $10 in my AL only league and one team said they would give me their entire roster if I traded him along with Sonny Gray $13 signed through 2017. They have some good players but there is still no way I'd do it.

They have Miggy, Cano, Gomez and Samardzija. Along with others like Sandoval, Alexei Ramirez and Preston Tucker.

Obviously Miggy is Miggy but my 1B/DH guys are Fielder, Moreland and Abreu, I also have CDavis in the OF at the moment.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X