Rondon and Mesoraco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rondon and Mesoraco

Trying to put together a trade offer. Which of these two players do you prefer for next year? 5x5 NL only.

Devin Mesoraco $13
    Hector Rondon $10

TIA
    Devin Mesoraco $13
    0%
    Hector Rondon $10
    0%

Mesoraco not close. Although Rondon has the job back now, he's not so great that the Cubs wouldn't pick up a FA closer if they needed to, and Maddon's never had the most predictable bullpens.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if Meso's hips make him unable to catch much, which might make him an OF with C eligibility, which is even better (for one year at least).
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

My tiebreaker is always "not the RP."
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

If neither were an option, I'd take it, but I'd take Rondon if I had to. Mesoraco's hip injury is very likely chronic, his ability to continue catching is very low, and his mobility for any position other than 1b is pretty low too. Mesoracos injury is worse than Brandon Moss, and Moss has hardly enjoyed a stellar comeback despite moving to a more hitter friendly field.

Rondon has the best stuff in the Cubs bullpen and has proven pretty resilient. It looks like Maddon has finally figured that out.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I read this Rodon vs Mesoraco, which is more interesting, but clearly Rodon.

I chose Messy, but chancellor has the better option.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            I read this Rodon vs Mesoraco, which is more interesting, but clearly Rodon.

I chose Messy, but chancellor has the better option.

J
            Rondon, not Rodon.

Comment

Actually, a clarification: do you start one catcher or two?
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Two catchers. Does that devalue catchers vs 1-catcher leagues?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Rondon, not Rodon.
                  I got that.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Mesoraco even though he's coming back from injury, cubbies are playing musical chairs with their bullpen, I'd choose the catcher

Comment

I hate catchers, and I fear Mesoraco's issue may be chronic, but in a 2 catcher league, i still chose him. they are both gambles, and I'd probably avoid betting on either of them, but Mesoraco is the guy I'd gamble on if I had to.

Comment

Working...
                      X