Matt Wisler for Jordan Zimmerman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Wisler for Jordan Zimmerman

I have been trying to get Zimmermann, who is on an expiring contract, from a dumping team for what seems like forever. I made the offer of Hahn and Wisler before Hahn went down weeks ago and got laughed at. I then made the offer of a $3 Corbin and Wisler, the day Corbin was activated from the DL and got laughed at (and now I am happy he rejected it). But Zimmermann has continued to be mediocre, so on a whim I made a Wisler offer again, this time straight up, and much to my surprise it got accepted.

I guess Zimmermann's recent performances swayed him, as has the lack of interest from other owners, but this sudden reversal in opinion from the other owner has shaken my faith in Zimmermann a little, so I am seeking reassurance that this was a wise move. Wisler is $3 and can be kept at that price next year before an extension decision is required. The league is 14 teams, but we have extended rosters (30 majors, 20 minors) so it plays like a 16 team league in terms of depth.

I hadn't looked closely at their numbers, because SSS on Wisler, and I felt Zimmerman is better than his numbers, but looking at it now, they really aren't all that different, and I know this guy shopped Zimmermann aggressively before accepting Wisler, and no one gave him more. So, did I give up a keeper for a similar pitcher, or did I buy low on Zimmerman? What do you see from these two the ROS? The lack of love my typically savvy league-mates have for Zimmermann right now is making me second guess the deal (although having shopped Wisler elsewhere, it isn't like the league loved him either).
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-31-2015, 02:17 AM. Reason: I forgot Zimmermann has a superfluous extra N in his name

I think at best Wisler will be a Zimmermann clone, but it's hard to say if that will happen during the rest of this season.

Certainly, Zimmermann is experiencing the worst (for him) season in the last few years, with an inflated WHIP -- which appears to be BABIP fueled -- and a low K/9 rate of 6.4, so it's hard to say if he'll return to form.

I'd still take Zim over him for the ROS.

Comment

Working...
    X