Who would you rather have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you rather have?

I'm in the hunt in my big money NL-only league and I have an extra closer. I have such a lead in saves and Ks that I can lose one and it won't hurt me at all. The two that I have put on the block are an expiring Trevor Rosenthal and a sweet keeper $5 Familia. I've gotten lots of offers from contenders and rebuilders alike. Below are the two best packages. In our ultra format, round 2 is the first $10 round, round 7 is the first $5 round, so #2, #7 and #8 tend to be picks I highly value. Which one would you rather have for next year (and this year, considering I can make no gains in saves or Ks)? (MLers don't count against the draft cap.)

Familia (because I would be dealing Rosenthal) at $5
    JP Crawford at $5
    Picks: 2, 7, 8
    and the owner would be taking points away from contenders as he gained points (meaning it would make taking a title more difficult -already a longshot- but would make getting second or third much more likely, and it's good money even for 3rd)

or...

Brandon Drury at $5
    Kyle Parker at $5
    Robbie Ray at $4
    Picks: 7, 8, 10
    It'll have no effect on the saves standings.

This one has me unsure of what to do. What do you guys think?

I really like the first package for you. Number 2 isn't bad; if you had no other offers, you could take it and feel pretty good. But the first package, that's really good. A cheap closer, the best picks, Crawford AND you hurt your competitors? I don't think it can get better than that.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

OK, good. This is the way I was leaning. I am very high on Crawford, but I was worried I was getting a little mancrush and was missing the better play in Drury + Parker.

Thanks!

Comment

Yup, I'm with Chris and Chance here...take the stud prospect in Crawford.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I am not exactly unbiased about Crawford but I vote for that deal as well.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Definitely the Familia/Crawford package. And it's not close for me.

Comment

Working...
            X