2K11: Jonny Gomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11: Jonny Gomes

Gomes had just 39 BBs in 571 PAs last season, and now he leads the majors with 15 BBs in just 52 PAs. He has 5 HRs and 15 RBIs already this season. Safe to say he's not going to lose his job anytime soon?

I was so impressed I picked him up in a 12-teamer, and he rewarded me today with two homers. I have no clue if it'll last or not, but I'm perfectly content to ride out the hot streak.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
      I was so impressed I picked him up in a 12-teamer, and he rewarded me today with two homers. I have no clue if it'll last or not, but I'm perfectly content to ride out the hot streak.
      I grabbed him for my AFA squad this week.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Another dinger today. Not a bad $4 keeper.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
          Another dinger today. Not a bad $4 keeper.
          Not bad at all. That is what I kept him for in my NL only league.

Comment

He can't hit RHP...

06: .197/.282/.366
            07: .218/.302/.429
            08: .182/.286/.309
            09: .244/.320/.539
            10: .257/.301/.408
            11: .222/.396/.583

see the outliers?

He has to continue to hit HRs vs RHP to sustain the value and the 24% HR/FB is sustainable right now, but he's puttin 2/3rd of his balls in play in the air right now which is just scary territory when you worry about batting average.

Comment

He is what he is, a power hitting crappy fielder. I remember this same thread from last year too. I bet some of this stuff is parallel to what we said last year too. I drafted him last year for $5 and kept him. I tried trading him during the season and the off season and no one wanted him. I was not expecting much more than 18 HR and a .258 BA anything above is gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                He is what he is, a power hitting crappy fielder. I remember this same thread from last year too. I bet some of this stuff is parallel to what we said last year too. I drafted him last year for $5 and kept him. I tried trading him during the season and the off season and no one wanted him. I was not expecting much more than 18 HR and a .258 BA anything above is gravy.
                agreed. By years end, youll bet 20/80 with a .250ish average. You usually get Gomes for a buck or 2 so its good value. Trying to make him more than he is or tearing him down makes no sense. He has found his niche. He has also cemented himself in that clubhouse so unless he falls off a cliff, he aint going anywhere. I was hoping to see him traded in July so Heisey can play but I am more doubtful than ever.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Anytime I can get 18 hr and a ba over .250 for $4 I am taking it.

I figure last year should be the low end of the playing time. Anything else should mean more power.

I wouldn't have given him a raise if he was up for one. I sure am happy about how he is starting off.

Comment

For those of us that play in OBP leagues, if he maintains this newfound eye and exceptional walk rate, he is going to be roto gold!

(Says the owner who has Gomes at $2 in a NL-only, 5x5, OBP instead of BAvg league)
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

He's been slumping quite a bit recently, but this post isn't about that.

I don't know how many of you watch E:60 but there was a pretty good piece on Gomes this past Tuesday night, and about how he escaped death twice. Seems like a pretty likeable guy:

Comment

Working...
                      X