Deal for Storen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal for Storen

Now that Storen is out of the closer's role, as a $12 keeper next year in an NL only league, would you take the chance on him and trade any of the following for him??

Flores-6
    Kang-7
    ARussell-10
    Lamb-10
    AGuererro-10

No...

Comment

Papelbon is signed through 2016. While Storen is an excellent MR now, at $12, he isn't even a keeper in NL-only.

Comment

I would risk trading a $10 Guerrero, who seems likely to be dealt to an AL team to be a DH candidate and isn't a keeper at that price while he's on the Dodgers, for Storen, who would also need to get traded to an NL team to have value. Storen's already publicly groused about his demotion and surely will demand a trade in the off-season.

Comment

The Dodgers will talk trade for Guerrero as reported 7/28 by CBS. I would not trade him for Storen. I like to get cheap closers and I wouldn't go near Storen given the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            The Dodgers will talk trade for Guerrero as reported 7/28 by CBS. I would not trade him for Storen. I like to get cheap closers and I wouldn't go near Storen given the circumstances.
            I expect Storen to close next year so you'd have a 50-50 shot

I'd rather have him than Guerrero especially if both could be AL bound
            One risk for another
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I traded for a $2 Storen last night in an NL Only. It was a salary dump for the owner who was against the cap so I got a really pricey Kemp and Storen for a less Pricey Pence and B Colon. So if you are out of it and the cost isn't much I'd risk it. It could be worthless, but a nice lottery ticket to have.

Comment

Working...
              X