Chris Young NYM to the DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Young NYM to the DL

Suzy reports it on the Yankee broadcast.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Shocking, and this just in, the sun rose today from the east.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Who had April 16th in the pool?

Comment

Chris Young probably did.
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Wow, what a surprise. He's about as durable as my mother's fine china.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Chris Young was diagnosed with a re-tear of the anterior capsule in his right shoulder.
            In other words, the least surprising news you'll hear today. Young hasn't decided whether to have surgery, but it's safe to say he won't be pitching for the Mets in the near future. Dillon Gee will remain in the starting rotation for the near future and is worth picking up in NL-only formats.
            Source: Kevin Burkhardt on Twitter
            May 9, 7:25 PM

Comment

this is a stunning development.....
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

He makes Rich Harden look like a workhorse.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Guys in various leagues were bidding Young up to double digits and I was dumbfounded.

Comment

So what do you guys think about Gee going forward? He has a spot on the rotation. I just don't know much about him. I care more about this year than the future.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      So what do you guys think about Gee going forward? He has a spot on the rotation. I just don't know much about him. I care more about this year than the future.
                      I picked up Gee a couple weeks go in 2 RJ leagues (a 12-team NL and a 18-team mixed) based on last year's strong finish and a hedge against injury to Young (duh) and Capuano as I had one on each team. Baseball HQ has him projected for the rest of the year at 4.27 / 1.37 with 93Ks and a 7-4 record. Personally I'd be ok with that as it is hard to expect much more as his background isn't all that strong. That said, saw in another thread you were thinking about him in a 13-team NL and in that kind of league I think Gee is a decent flyer given the park he plays in.

Comment

I got stuck today with Gee to replace Young in my NL-only league. Wanted Homer Bailey but got stuck with Gee. At least I didn't get Ryan Vogelsong. One of the problems with being in first place is last priority on DL moves.

Comment

Originally posted by bweiser831 View Post
                          I got stuck today with Gee to replace Young in my NL-only league. Wanted Homer Bailey but got stuck with Gee. At least I didn't get Ryan Vogelsong. One of the problems with being in first place is last priority on DL moves.
                          must be a pretty shallow league if Bailey was on waivers.

Comment

Working...
                          X