faab at CBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• faab at CBS

Our NL keeper league has used CBS forever. We have always used a manual system but are interested in moving to faab. How well does faab work at CBS. How long has faab been implemented at CBS?

No one can see losing bids.

If there is a problem with position, salary caps, etc, makes for difficulty. If your league is fine with the potential problems, the bidding itself is fairly straight forward.

Comment

No conditional bids. And I believe no Vickrey bidding either.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
        No one can see losing bids.

If there is a problem with position, salary caps, etc, makes for difficulty. If your league is fine with the potential problems, the bidding itself is fairly straight forward.
        I just learned you can see all bids by requesting the faab transcript report using the "help" link. We had a dispute about a bid and they sent me the full transcript from the faab run. I asked if I could have this every week, and they said just request one through the help function and they will send it.

A sample of how it looks:
        [FAAB] mardlii - Sun Jul 26 03:30:13 2015 - Auctioning Michael Conforto
        [FAAB] mardlii - Sun Jul 26 03:30:13 2015 - Winning Bid $13
        [FAAB] mardlii - Sun Jul 26 03:30:13 2015 - StillReppin215 Won Michael Conforto - NYM at $13
        [FAAB] mardlii - Sun Jul 26 03:30:13 2015 - StillReppin215 Drop - Jake Diekman - PHI
        [FAAB] mardlii - Sun Jul 26 03:30:13 2015 - Rats v2.5 ($12) Lost
        [FAAB] mardlii - Sun Jul 26 03:30:13 2015 - Camel Tow ($8) Lost
        [FAAB] mardlii - Sun Jul 26 03:30:13 2015 - Love Schachs Redux ($7) Lost
        [FAAB] mardlii - Sun Jul 26 03:30:13 2015 - Cracker Jacks ($7) Lost

Comment

Besides the no contingent bids, I think it works fine. They added editing capabilities this season which makes changing bids or players very easy.

The one negative to be aware of is there's no alternative (if you're using their automatic FAAB system) to their tiebreak system, which will drop any team to the bottom of the weekly tiebreak list after making a successful claim, even if you're using something like 'reverse order of standings' each week. Many leagues/owners routinely disregard this, and this could lead to havoc/strife if not adhered to or followed.

Comment

It sounds like this should work well for our league.

How long has faab been implemented at CBS?

Will this work well for daily faabs or is it more geared toward weekly faabs?

Comment

I think CBS has had FAAB for at least the last 10 years. You can do a FAAB run daily, if you want, but I think that would hurt more than harm the process.

Comment

Are all transaction run through faab or only special cases (i.e. players new to the pool or players that are dropped)?

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                  Are all transaction run through faab or only special cases (i.e. players new to the pool or players that are dropped)?
                  If you set up FAAB as the player-add option, all adds are run through it.

Comment

We've used it as long as they've had it. It's far from perfect, but it works.

We do weekly, with commish (me) approval. I take a screen grab of any player's bids that have multiple teams involved just so we have a record. I double check and break the ties myself (we do it by current record and they usually seem to get that right). The biggest pain is that once a player is won, i have to go in and manually set his salary to the winning bid, as it just defaults to $1 no matter what the bid was. I don't know why they haven't fixed that after all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
                      We've used it as long as they've had it. It's far from perfect, but it works.

We do weekly, with commish (me) approval. I take a screen grab of any player's bids that have multiple teams involved just so we have a record. I double check and break the ties myself (we do it by current record and they usually seem to get that right). The biggest pain is that once a player is won, i have to go in and manually set his salary to the winning bid, as it just defaults to $1 no matter what the bid was. I don't know why they haven't fixed that after all these years.
                      I think you can set it to blank, 1 or any number.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                        I think you can set it to blank, 1 or any number.
                        Sure, you can set it to any number/letter, but like Jefe, I also have to go in and manually change the salary.

Comment

Working...
                        X