A-Rod: 2016 Keeper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-Rod: 2016 Keeper?

2 days shy of his 40th birthday, A-Rod cranked HR's #21, 22, and 23 yesterday. He's on pace for 38 HR, 97 RBI, 92 Runs, with a .277/.375/.539 batting line.

Anybody else own him cheap, pondering his keeper value? 2016 he'll almost certainly be DH only. But even stuck at UT, he's easily surpassed Big Papi as the DH of choice, I'd think, right up there with Gattis. Chasing the HR crown, he'll be given 140+ games to hit 20+ HR. I like his odds, greedy egomaniac that he is.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

It depends if he is still taking whatever he is on now in 2016.

Comment

Given the health risk and other risks, he'd have to be very cheap for me to keep.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I've got him for 10 bucks in an 18 team mixed, so I'm facing the same dilema. I'm leaning towards keeping him at the moment, of course, it helps that this is an OBP league.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Got him at 5 in pony (16(?) team mixed) and was wondering this just the other day.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I don't have to worry about it after dropping my $8 ARod in early April.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The thing is, on pace for 138 K's to match his high BB rate, you'd think his BA would suffer, but it hasn't. It's crazy that he's not seen a dip in BA or power or BB's. He's just K'ing a little more to keep his power game up? Taking the Marlon Byrd approach, with a much higher base skillset? I mean... this is the best he's been in several years, dating back to before the PED suspensions, so maybe the full-time DH thing is keeping him healthy, allowing him to maximize his offense? Plate discipline appears to still be ++, allowing him to wait on junk and crush mistakes.

Several factors seem to be at play in A-Rod's resurgence. But at the end of the day, he's in Yankee pinstripes , chasing HR records, for as long as he keeps producing. With DH keeping him healthy, and his newfound fan support as an underdog making good, you gotta love his chances to keep it up, possibly through the remaining 2 years of his contract after 2015. Never thought A-Rod would hold an ounce of value at the end of that contract, but here we are.

I like him at all of the prices listed, and can't envision a scenario where he went for a ton of money in any drafts. I have him at $11 in AL Only. Hope this post doesn't jinx him.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Since his 1st full season in 1996, Arod has for the most part been among the best hitters in the game, the majority of the seasons he has played. His mandatory siesta may have helped him not only rest his aching bones, but re motivated him to shut up the haters. Just staggering career stats, top 10 all time player when all said and done? Doesnt matter, Bonds was maybe top 5 all time based on his unique stats accumulation, especially the ibb and he is frozen out of hof so why not exclude another top 10 guy.

As to keeper status for next year, I would think Arod will be worth the numbers mentioned in thread, and as most of his career will post the numbers to make him worthwhile.

Comment

So what about Teixeira? I've got him for a buck in a 15-team mixed. Currently 91 games, .259-24-65, 46r and somehow even stole 2 bases.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    So what about Teixeira? I've got him for a buck in a 15-team mixed. Currently 91 games, .259-24-65, 46r and somehow even stole 2 bases.
                    At a buck he's a no-brainer IMO.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      At a buck he's a no-brainer IMO.
                      Yep...

Comment

Working...
                      X