I have collected too many middle infielders - 12 team ROS
    I think this is how I rank them

Dozier
    ----
    Turner
    Travis
    ---
    Alexei Ramirez - not needed
    Brad Miller - not needed at all - should just cut?

I have been offered Jose Reyes for Travis and a draft pick

Is Reyes really that much of an upgrade or Travis?

Do you need stolen bases? If you need the stolen bases and the draft pick isn't much I would say Reyes is a nice upgrade. For me I would take Reyes and hope that he is now healthy and ready to have nice 2nd half.

Comment

What Keith said...although it depends on what the draft pick is. I'm not at all sold on Travis as a game changer.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I agree with yous twos - get Reyes if you need the speed and proven performance. Travis could fall flat on his face (already has slowed down) and Reyes is pretty much doing his thing but I wouldn't be super surprised if Travis was more valuable ROS, especially with his injury history.

Comment

It would depend on how high of a draft pick that is if I'd deal Travis for Reyes. I haven't trusted Reyes for a few years now, always seemingly injured. But a low enough pick I'd flip Travis for him.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I flipped an 11th round pick and Travis for Reyes and a 24 - I just hope that he doesn't get hurt

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              I flipped an 11th round pick and Travis for Reyes and a 24 - I just hope that he doesn't get hurt
              Yeah, that is the big risk. I probably wouldn't have done it, because I really fear injury prone guys, but I agree with everyone else that if Reyes stays healthy, this was the right move, for sure.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-18-2015, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                I think that's a hell of a deal, no matter the risk. The upside for Reyes is way higher than Travis, IMO, and the picks are fairly inconsequential.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                X