Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of these prospects worth a dice-roll for this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of these prospects worth a dice-roll for this year?

As far as offense goes, is there another Correa lurking in AAA who might make an appearance this year, or was Sano the last true blue-chipper to be called up? (C.Seager, Gallo, Schwarber already owned in this league.) Best remaining bats seem to be...

Jose Peraza, SS, ATL: Killer speed. Decent AVG (.280ish right now). With Simmons seemingly entrenched, Peraza could play OF if they sell high on Maybin.

Peter O'Brien, C, ARI: Terrible plate discipline (22% K/5% BB) but big power.

JP Crawford: Seems Lindor-ish, killer glove, decent bat. ?

Hector Olivera, 3B, LAD: Nice AVG, little power, Dodgers could sell Turner high & open up spot for Olivera but who knows...

Adam Duvall, 1B, SF: Major power, logjam in SF at 1B with Posey and Belt, maybe he's dealt at deadline, gets some regular PT somewhere else (potential DH/PH for an AL team down the stretch?)

Stephen Piscotty, OF/1B, STL: Pham, Reynolds playing over him is suspect but STL seemed reluctant to call him up even in wake of Adams/Holliday injuries.

Yorman Rodriguez, OF, CIN: Depends on a Bruce trade, but this guy has double digit HR/steal potential with AVG that won't kill you.

Anyone else I'm forgetting?
    Last edited by Msaint; 07-14-2015, 04:43 PM.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Trea Turner if Desmond continues to suck, maybe Conforto but probably not, maybe Alen Hanson.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I don't see Crawford getting called up this year. They have no reason to start his clock at all.

The Phillies I could see getting called up are:
      Nola SP - Should be decent
      Altherr OF - Nice jump in stats this year. Could be league average but I wouldn't get excited
      Dugan OF - See Altherr

That's about it.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I don't see Turner coming up either...his rise through the minors has been phenomenal so far, but at this point I'd put the breaks on. You don't want to ruin the kid by rushing him too fast...he's only got a little over 600 career AB's and they usually like to get them at least twice that.

I think the only one on your list who might get a decent amount of PT is Peraza...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          I don't see Turner coming up either...his rise through the minors has been phenomenal so far, but at this point I'd put the breaks on. You don't want to ruin the kid by rushing him too fast...he's only got a little over 600 career AB's and they usually like to get them at least twice that.
          I'm sure the Nationals don't want to call him up, but if Rendon is ruled out for the season at some point and Desmond continues to suck (note that he has the second worst WAR in MLB right now) it might force their hand.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            The Dodgers don't need to sell Turner in order for Olivera to get full time at bats, and I'd bet that Olivera gets just that.
            Really? Where's he gonna play?

Comment

Is Moncada too far off to grab him in a keeper where we can only keep players for 2 years? If I snagged him now he'd very likely eat up a bench spot through 2016 (we don't have minor league bench spots) and realistically, might not even sniff Fenway until June of 2017 earliest, depending on Pedroia health. But with a couple Sox homers in my league, he may not last long, someone might pull trigger early. I'd probably drop Marlon Byrd for him.

Oops, forgot to add: if i get him as a free agent now, he'll be a 23rd/last rounder next two years. Still, worry he won't see actual MLB action until mid-2017 so his only value until then might be as a trade chip. BUT, maybe when Napoli's contract expires they shift Panda to 1B and take a shot on the kid at 3B? Who knows.
              Last edited by Msaint; 07-16-2015, 04:59 PM.
              12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
              1B-Cron
              2B- Villar
              SS- Andrus
              3B-Baez
              MI-L. Gurriel
              CI- Y.Gurriel
              OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
              UTIL- Benintendi
              BENCH: Pence, Dyson
              SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
              RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
              IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                Is Moncada too far off to grab him in a keeper where we can only keep players for 2 years? If I snagged him now he'd very likely eat up a bench spot through 2016 (we don't have minor league bench spots) and realistically, might not even sniff Fenway until June of 2017 earliest, depending on Pedroia health. But with a couple Sox homers in my league, he may not last long, someone might pull trigger early. I'd probably drop Marlon Byrd for him.

Oops, forgot to add: if i get him as a free agent now, he'll be a 23rd/last rounder next two years. Still, worry he won't see actual MLB action until mid-2017 so his only value until then might be as a trade chip. BUT, maybe when Napoli's contract expires they shift Panda to 1B and take a shot on the kid at 3B? Who knows.
                Devers is eventually going to be the 3rd baseman, but he's only 18 at this point, so he could still be 3 years off, both are playing on the same single A team. My guess is that they keep Moncada at MI and figure out what to do with Pedroia and his insanely long deal. Napoli is done after this year, Ortiz might be (just options for 2016-17), although he should hit the vesting AB's, Victorino is done, De Aza is done, so while the positions might not match up for the next couple of seasons, they will have openings.

Maybe shift Hanley to 1st, since the OF transition is going so poorly...

But long winded way of saying that I can't see Moncada up until late next year, if then...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                X