Diamondbacks Are Waiting For???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamondbacks Are Waiting For???

I know the Diamondbacks are one of the worst run organizations out there. But I'm still scratching my head about their lack of moves. Aaron Hill has an OBP below .300. They are playing Chris Owings at 2B. And Brandon Drury is hitting .350+ in AAA (yes it's PCL but he has hit all year). Super 2 is long past. Are they waiting until next year? The guy could get valuable experience in the bigs.

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    I know the Diamondbacks are one of the worst run organizations out there. But I'm still scratching my head about their lack of moves. Aaron Hill has an OBP below .300. They are playing Chris Owings at 2B. And Brandon Drury is hitting .350+ in AAA (yes it's PCL but he has hit all year). Super 2 is long past. Are they waiting until next year? The guy could get valuable experience in the bigs.
    Because they've got young guys they already like at 2nd and 3rd? And both players are young themselves, and need all the reps that they can get at the major league level. There's really no place for all 3 to develop in the bigs, let Owings and Lamb play out the season and see what you have for the future.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

....and they already do have the best offense in the NL. Owings was a Top 30 prospect just last year, too.

Comment

And because Drury was pretty terrible in AA. If Owings continues to suck then Drury might get a chance next year but I don't see any reason that Drury should be called up yet.

Comment

Working...
        X