Stanton for CSeager/Sano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanton for CSeager/Sano

I've been offered a $17 Stanton for $3 Cory Seager and $1 Sano. A 12-team mixed standard league, I'm not even remotely in it this year. I don't have a lot of big names on my team, but already have Brantley and C.Gomez as cheap keepers in my OF. Our starting lineup is each of the 8 positions on the field and 2 UT.

Salaries progress $2 or 20% each year, unlimited keepers. My infield is pretty weak in keepers (Kipnis/CSantana/Aybar??) if I dealt these two. But the allure to get Stanton is making me itchy.

What do you think?
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Just depends what you prefer - guaranteed production or the allure of the shiny new toy. In a 12-team mixed it's usually best to focus on getting studs so acquiring Stanton is a great idea but the idea of having cheap young infielders for a bunch of years would be hard for me to give up.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Seems like a pretty fair deal on both sides to me.
      Yeah, I think it's fair...I just can't decide which side I should be on. I know you're not a Sano fan, and frankly it's losing Seager that's more painful.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Got to give to get and I would easily make this trade. It is fair, but I want the proven power of Stanton. Plus you get him for extra years at a reasonable rate.

Comment

It all depends on how quickly Seager and Sano become fantasy studs. If I'm reading correctly, this is how the salaries would play out:

Stanton - $17, $20, $24, $29, $35, $42 and then after that he's probably either too old or too expensive
          Seager - $3, $5, $7, $9, $11, $13, $16, $19, $23, $28, $34 which would take him through his age 31 season
          Sano - $1, $3, $5, $7, $9, $11, $13, $16, $19, $23, $28, $34 which would take him through his age 33 season

Personally I would have a hard time making that move unless I had a stacked set of keepers for next year. Envisioning Seager and Sano hitting 30 bombs a year while costing less than $10 at infield positions (assuming Sano maintains 3B eligibility) makes me drool quite a bit.

Comment

The problem with owning both Sano and Seager is that they may well end up playing the same position. Scouts are really divided on Seager playing SS, so the obvious move is 3B...just something to think about as well.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Stanton is a difference maker. I have no issue whatsoever taking that deal. Plenty of prospects flame out.

Comment

He's looking for starting pitching, so I think I'm going to try a Sano and any SP off my roster for Stanton. He's in the middle of a pennant run, a 5 way race for the title. If that doesn't fly, I might go back to Sano and Seager. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
                X