move DL-d Harrison for Aramis? details within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• move DL-d Harrison for Aramis? details within

am all-in this year, within a whisker of 2nd and about 8 pts out of 1st.

Josh Harrison was having a $17 year, a little lucky with xBA. now out 6-7 weeks, which puts him near end of August and any slipup makes it tough for him even to do a rehab assignment in minors. toast for 2015? he's 10 for me in 2016 and then out (OR 15 in 2016 and 20 in 2017 and out, but seems pricey there).

Shy and retiring Aramis has raked over last month (he always warms up when weather does), and is projected at $17 for rest of season.

Would you do a 1 for 1 swap in that scenario?

One more item: Harrison is my only 3B-eligible, and best availables are Cliff Pennington types (no one above .235 AVG). So Aramis instead of a box of rocks in my lineup.....

oh, and HR/RBI my weakest links but there's already hope there and I'll add more pieces down the stretch. AVG is solid, though Aramis xBA is encouraging so maybe no hit there anyway
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Yeah, I'd do that, unless you think you can spin up another 3B pretty quick.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'm pretty much in the same boat and I would look for something a little better than Aramis. To me a keeper - even for one more year - is worth a decent upgrade and I'm not sure Aramis is that guy. Then again, now that I think about all the 3B-eligible players in the NL, it seems like they're either killer keepers (Bryant, Franco, etc.) or too good to be traded for Harrison (Frazier, Arenado, etc.). It may be that Aramis is your best bet, but I'd still try to squeeze out a little more from the team you're trading with.

Comment

good line of thinking.
        Arenado is on a rival's team, and I've been told Frazier not available from rebuilder even at 34.
        Bryant and Franco crazy cheap, etc.

also one rival has Brett Wallace at CI and the other has Eric Campbell there, and Aramis owner is dangling to all. they are 1-2 in HR, RBI though which could help my situation. maybe I can shoot for a 2nd match that helps my O a little....

wow, just tried that, and it's not pretty either H or P. he does have a lame duck Harper, but that's the 2nd phase this month (I love you Giolito, but....)
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
        X