Trade help keeper implications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade help keeper implications

I can get Degrom who has a contract of $5 that I would extend to $10 next year allowing me to keep him the rest of this year and the next 2 but I give up Soler and Mesoraco who both have very kepable salaries of less than $5

Or I can get Kershaw at a salary of $39 that I would have rest of this year and next at that price. I wouldn't extend him any more. I only give up Soler for that.

Degrom has much more financial value and length of time of service for my team. But is he the real deal? I see his stats obviously in 39 starts. But he is 27. Where did it come from? Even with Kershaw slow start he will be a stud rest of year ad next just about guaranteed. Will Degrom be a sub 3 era for next 2.5 years?

I don't care much about giving up Messaroco as well in first scenario as it would allow me to keep other players who are very keepable too. Not much lost.

Tough call for me. By the way I'm in second in mixed roto 12 team $260 cap dynasty. to over take 1st will need lots of help as 1st place team has huge lead. So kind of trying for first this year but also looking at next year simultaneously

If you can get Kershaw for less than DeGrom, and you're in 2nd, I'd do that and not worry about next season.

Comment

Yep, what revo said...Kershaw will help more this year and next.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Man, I really, really like Degrom. How much would Kershaw have gone for at auction? In a shallow league you want studs, and a $39 Kershaw is a stud. I would imagine him as a $50-$60 player. But if that's not the case, maybe you take Degrom and spend the cash on hitting. I think Degrom is probably a top 20 pitcher next year.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Man, I really, really like Degrom. How much would Kershaw have gone for at auction? In a shallow league you want studs, and a $39 Kershaw is a stud. I would imagine him as a $50-$60 player. But if that's not the case, maybe you take Degrom and spend the cash on hitting. I think Degrom is probably a top 20 pitcher next year.

I think I take the 10 Degrom as well.

Reading the original post it seems you have a long shot for 1st and really want to make sure you stay in second. A $10 Degrom should help you either way, but really help next year.

That said I do not think you should set a precedence of overpaying just because you can. Solar is enough straight up for Degrom. I would let the Degrom owner know that I would make the Solar for Degrom straight up and if he did not want to I would be moving him to another owner. If he balks pull the trigger on Kershaw. $39 for this year and next is still a good keeper.

Comment

12-team mixed league? I'd go get Kershaw right now. Then see if you can build a deal for DeGrom.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's advice.

I made the trade for Kershaw and also got Kipnis at an U keepable salary but gives me more of a shot for this year.

I gave up Soler, Rondon, Messaroco, Qunitana, Banuelos, and Tim Anderson.

I know that seems like a lot. Tim Anderson is the only one I coukd have realistically kept anyway as he is a M contract.

We can keep 12 keepers so I thankfully am overloaded with other slam dunk keepers. The only swap out now is my 11th and 12th best keepers could have been Soler and Messaroco but now I have in their place Kershaw and a choice between a $1 Wei Chen and a $5 Peralta.

I feel good about it for run this year. I think locks up 2nd with 30% chance I get first. Next year I have best pitcher at about $10 below what he would go at auction. Not too worried about loss of Soler and Mes as they are not as proven. I have Tre Turner on the farm too so Tim Anderson not huge loss. The other guts were definitely throw always for my team.

I'm going to try to get Degrom still but guy is really dumb and probably not likely. Worst team last few years and makes no sense. He falls deeply in love with his few good players and doesn't grasp he needs to take a guy like that and turn him into multiple good players.

Anyway, thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X