Trading away a cheap Springer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading away a cheap Springer

10 team mixed, deep bench 6x6 (including OPS and QS)

I'm in the thick of a title race with the top 3 teams all separated by 3 points and everyone moving around daily. The last place team has a non-keeper Rizzo and non-keeper Tulo and would trade either of them straight up for Springer who I have under control for $5 for the next two years.

Tulo, who has been hitting out of his mind recently, would replace Desmond in my lineup but I'm worried about giving up a cheap keeper for an injury risk. Rizzo, who has had a rough last few weeks, would slide into a UTIL spot but I'd need him to bounce back to early season form.

Is giving up a cheap keeper worth it for the coverage for essentially 4-5 weeks until Springer is back from the DL?

I'd look to deal a borderline keeper with Springer and get both. I don't know if it's worth either. That's a good price for Springer, even in a 10-mixed.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      I'd want more than a straight up one-for-one trade for an elite keeper like Springer, frankly. A $5 Springer has pretty immense value, imo.
      Agreed.

Comment

Yeah, I think both Tulo and Rizzo is more realistic, even if you have to throw in a second keeper

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          I'd want more than a straight up one-for-one trade for an elite keeper like Springer, frankly. A $5 Springer has pretty immense value, imo.
          Agreed.

You should get both non keepers for him. You should not have to give another keeper in this deal.

Comment

Not sure how closely it mirrors your situation, but in my 10-team AL-Only I traded Springer ($10 in 2016 and 2017), Josh Hamilton, and Justin Verlander for David Price and Adam Jones. Stud players are a little harder to come by in only leagues so I would think a $5 Springer plus a marginal keeper should get Rizzo and Tulo.

Comment

Thanks all - I decided to hang on to Springer, for the time being at least. I traded away a cheap Matt Carpenter and Hosmer for a not-cheap but still keepable Adam Jones which should help me stay in the race while being able to hold on to Springer.

Comment

Think that was the right call, Sam. Always difficult to tell, but think that was the way to go unless you got both Tulo and Rizzo.

Would appreciate your input on my Rusney Castillo post (AL only 5x5 league).

Comment

Working...
                X