A.J. Burnett beyond 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.J. Burnett beyond 2015?

I grabbed him in both my 12-team NL-only leagues for quite cheap ($7 and $6). In the league I'm contending, I'm hanging onto him. In the league I'm dumping, I'm debating whether to trade him.

What are the chances that he reconsiders retirement? With the year he is having, he could bank a great 1-year deal.

I tried the google, and I haven't seen an article that asks him this obvious question "any chance you reconsider retirement?". Maybe I missed something though.

Anyone know much about his personality, what are the odds he reconsiders?
    Last edited by james33; 07-09-2015, 03:58 PM.

this is not the first time he said he was retiring at the end of a year, fwiw

and I too hope he rethinks this
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I really think he's going to retire. He got his all-star appearance. He hasn't said anything to the contrary. But he's clearly having fun so maybe he changes his mind. Part of it depends on the Pirates. He has said many times that this is where he wants to be. I don't think he'll ever pitch anywhere else. And the Pirates will probably have a spot for him.

At this point I'd say 2-to-1 he retires.

Comment

Thanks, jc. Get your beat writer on it please

2-to-1 is a great way of looking at it; in that respect, for roto purposes, he's sort of like a minor leaguer - a chance that he works out in 2016, a chance that he is worthless. I was debating offering Burnett $6 to a contender for Swanson. He'll probably say no anyway.

Comment

Wasn't there a great picture of Burnett carrying a Pirates bag to Phillies spring training camp - a few years back?

Comment

Working...
          X