Robbie Ray vs Randal Grichuk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbie Ray vs Randal Grichuk

Which of these overachievers would you rather have ros and long term? I have Grichuk, who has filled in admirably for Pence, and I could get Ray for him. But Pence is back now, and Chris Davis just picked up RF elg, so Grichuk is not essential anymore, although it is nice having a OFer on the bench who is elg at all three positions. I don't need pitching, but it is always nice to have more SPs in a weekly league for the extra start potential.

Edit: I can also get Ray for Matt Cain, who isn't at a keeper price, or Jesse Hahn who is the same price as Ray. Is giving up one of them the better move? Obviously, the Ray owner is not a believer.

League is a 14 team mixed, but deep for a mixed, with extra starters, 30 man rosters, and 20 man minor leagues.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-08-2015, 09:49 PM.

Grichuk

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Grichuk
      Would you move Matt Cain or Jesse Hahn for Ray?

Comment

Cain, yes. Hahn, no way.

I like Grichuk a lot, and I'd certainly consider moving him for Ray
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Grichuk
          -----
          huge gap
          -----
          Hahn
          Ray
          Cain

So yes I'd move Cain to get Ray, not that I think it moves the needle all that much in either direction. I don't know if I'd move Hahn but he did just have some elbow thing. They're a coin flip. Hell, maybe Cain comes back strong but at this point I think he's eminently replaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Grichuk is nothing special - when you need a .350 BABIP in order to hit .260 you're primed for a nasty fall. He has some power but a pretty big downside. I like Hahn a lot more than any of them and like Ray about the same as Grichuk. I'm avoiding Cain everywhere.
            Yeah, Grichuk scares me, but his power keeps calling to me like a siren's song. He could slump badly and lose playing time with Holliday due back soon, though. I guess all of these guys have question marks. I can no longer get Ray for Cain, so maybe I'll stand pat. I just lost Gordon, so as flawed as Grichuk is, it is probably wise to hold onto him for now.

Comment

Working...
            X