Who's the NL Rookie of the Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the NL Rookie of the Year?

Some incredible seasons by rooks make this a potentially historic race. Who's yer pick?
    Joc Pederson, LAD
    0%
    Kris Bryant, CHI
    0%
    Maikel Franco, PHI
    0%
    Matt Duffy, SF
    0%
    Chris Heston, SF
    0%
    Other
    0%

The poll is expired.

I think Bryant is going to have an even better second half to win it hands down. No numbers to support this. I just think that he is a smart hitter who will continue to improve as he gains experience.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The .230 average Joc Pederson has been carrying for awhile it killing his chances of NL ROY IMO.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

At this exact moment, it's Joc. But I think there's a strong chance that Bryant overtakes him by the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          At this exact moment, it's Joc. But I think there's a strong chance that Bryant overtakes him by the end of the season.
          This is pretty much where I'm at, as well. I voted for Pederson, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Bryant wins this one going away.

Comment

Joc still has a slight edge over Bryant but it's getting slimmer by the day and Bryant has more cache so all things being equal it will be Bryant

Comment

I like Pederson, but all the pub that Bryant is getting will push him over the top in the end. Both are well deserving of the honor. Joc is an elite level defender, Bryant may well be switching position in the next few years,
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Voters aren't as noobish as they once were, so a guy with a mediocre BA but epic everything else shouldn't get dinged much. Right now it's Joc goin away - great offense and defense at a premium position.
                I don't see how it is Joc going away right now. They have basically the same OPS, and Bryant is playing solid enough defense. I could see Joc having a slight edge right now because of his defense, but he is not ahead of him at the plate. Right now, I think it is pretty darn close. By the end of the year, I'd bet on Bryant.

Comment

Steven Matz, playing the role of 2014 winner Jakob deGrom
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    Steven Matz, playing the role of 2014 winner Jakob deGrom
                    I have both Met SPs, so I won't complain--for Matz to win it, he'd basically have to be vintage Sandy Koufax the ros. But I have Bryant too, and Matz winning it would create clubhouse tension .

Comment

Revo, how could you forget about Matz and Syndergaard?
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Soler is still considered a rookie as well.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Revo, how could you forget about Matz and Syndergaard?
                          Syndergaard, ya. I went with ESPN's rookie stat tracker, and he was not qualified for the ERA title yet. Only he and DeSclafani were. While there's almost no chance either win it, they probably should be up there. Soler has a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

Comment

Voted "Other" - I think a pitcher wins it, not sure who. Crazy Darkhorse: Joe Ross of the Nats.

Comment

Joc Pederson is 2-for-32 in July

.227 season

Dave Kingman did not win ROY
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                              X