New CBS Gametracker - 7/7/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CBS Gametracker - 7/7/15

I have many issues with CBS's new gametracker. But the most confounding one is that for pitchers, it shows you the pitchers IPs, pitch count, earned runs, hits, and Ks. NO WALKS! Who created this crap????

They also list the pitcher's pitch count THREE TIMES on the page. Once in the pitcher's line, once below it, and once in the graphic on the left side of the page.

eta: apparently, you have to click on "more stats" to get more stats (like pitcher walks), but when you do that, you lose the ability to see the opposing team's stats.
    Last edited by Andrewski; 07-07-2015, 02:48 PM.

As much as I like the CBS fantasy products, their programmers are confounding. It's almost as if they do NO quality control before they release an update.

On their fantasy baseball sites, one of the most useful stats they had for many, many years was the 'On Pace' stats. Then with this season's update, it just up and disappeared. I sent them an email asking why such a useful tool was deleted, and they said they would collect inquiries and they would see what to do. I noticed it re-appeared about a week or so ago, so apparently there were other complaints.

Even the player pages in the fantasy site had a confounding stat line which I see they just changed as well - they had, for some ungodly reason, IP, K, ERA, WHIP....and then BB9 and H9, and not just the actual number.

Comment

....and how do you close the video box in the bottom right-hand corner??

Comment

The gametracker used to be the best thing about the CBS Sports site. I'd go on there first, clicking on each game and seeing who's doing what. Now it's virtually unusable. The important stats (HRs, RBIs, SBs, other XBHs) take a good minute to come up for each game, and that goddamned video box in the right-hand corner (which now just sits there empty except for a big anti-ad blocker message) covers up much of what I'm looking at. Those bastards ruined a great thing. What a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          The gametracker used to be the best thing about the CBS Sports site. I'd go on there first, clicking on each game and seeing who's doing what. Now it's virtually unusable. The important stats (HRs, RBIs, SBs, other XBHs) take a good minute to come up for each game, and that goddamned video box in the right-hand corner (which now just sits there empty except for a big anti-ad blocker message) covers up much of what I'm looking at. Those bastards ruined a great thing. What a shame.
          Fantasy baseball?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I agree. Tonight stats aren't even coming up, sometimes there are no names. I still think it's better than the other sites but it's not as good as it used to be.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

It has appeared to me that over the last few years CBS has used 'social media app developers' to design their fantasy sports sites. I don't think they ever had a panel of people who play the games give any input. Every 'improvement' has made things worse....
              Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Working...
              X